Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Parking Eye- Penalty Notice. A Rant.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
LS I have a lot of time for you as a poster and the work you do but could I just ask what companies who pay and provide legitimate parking for their staff are supposed to do when their spaces are occupied by chancers who have no right to park there?

I once lived in a flat in BHill with an off road parking space directly in front and returned home at 9pm having worked late to find a car in the space, I blocked it in and sure enough a couple returned about an hour later from ASK. I challenged them and they claimed naively not to know it was a private space, there is a big sign btw in front saying private parking.

Apart from the frustration they caused I would have no problem with them suffering at the hands of one of these parking companies.

Thoughts?

Calling [MENTION=18265]LadySeagull[/MENTION] , would love to hear your thoughts?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
LS I have a lot of time for you as a poster and the work you do but could I just ask what companies who pay and provide legitimate parking for their staff are supposed to do when their spaces are occupied by chancers who have no right to park there?

I once lived in a flat in BHill with an off road parking space directly in front and returned home at 9pm having worked late to find a car in the space, I blocked it in and sure enough a couple returned about an hour later from ASK. I challenged them and they claimed naively not to know it was a private space, there is a big sign btw in front saying private parking.

Apart from the frustration they caused I would have no problem with them suffering at the hands of one of these parking companies.

Thoughts?

And as mentioned earlier in this thread - what of the office worker whose space was blocked for three days despite notices both in front of the space and painted on the tarmac?

Who should they employ to stop the trespass?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
And as mentioned earlier in this thread - what of the office worker whose space was blocked for three days despite notices both in front of the space and painted on the tarmac?

Who should they employ to stop the trespass?

Exactly, easy to feel sorry for the poor soul who’s under attack from parking companies but what about the hassle many of these inconsiderate drivers cause!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Thoughts?

Don’t be as as quiet as jacetheace?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
duplicate post

Attachments

• post.jpg
    post.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 243

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford

Thoughts?

It's old technology but works - a lockable parking post and then issue a key to whoever "owns" the space ...
View attachment 111082

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It's old technology but works - a lockable parking post and then issue a key to whoever "owns" the space ...
View attachment 111082

The flat in Burgess Hill, I rented it and could only afford a sign saying no parking at the time!

I say again with the amount of hassle inconsiderate drivers caused me, at the time, It wouldn’t bother me if they were being pursued by a parking company for a fine.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
So my advice would be to ALWAYS involve the owner of the car park if you genuinely believe the ticket is wrong as well as appealing directly.
Agreed, [MENTION=38422]SWL-Seagull[/MENTION].

Always the very first thing to do.

Just wondering if the surgery own the land or is it public land. Not sure if Parking eye would be able to fine someone if they park on public land as surely this would be down to the council parking wardens to monitor.

Had a threat from the parking enforcement plebs that do Mill View and Hove Poly clinic a few weeks back stating that it was private property. However, as it is a NHS site owned by the Govt / Council are they within their rights to target parkers. To end matters i started to phorograph his vehicle which was parked in a disabled bay and he soon dissapeared.
It is private land. Any non Council land is 'private land'.

Did you not get a PCN then? Which scammer infests there?

Thoughts?

Calling @LadySeagull , would love to hear your thoughts?

Don’t be as as quiet as jacetheace
I am sure [MENTION=6635]JAC[/MENTION]etheace - whether involved with the BPA or one of their pet scammers - is not quiet regarding how to 'monetise' (for the parking firm) unsuspecting landowner/retailer/managing agent car parks. How to lose friends and alienate people - let a parking scammer infest your land.

Horrible 'job' scamming retailers into thinking a service is being provided for free. Yep, how lovely, a protection racket that drives your customers away, what a fantastic idea! Then the retail park dies and then everyone blames internet shopping. Hmmm...parking firms cause issues to their clients as well as to poor motorists, and it is high time the large Supermarkets and Hospitals led the way and removed their parking scammers for good.

Sorry I was silent, sometimes I don't come back to this forum for days/weeks so didn't see these replies till now.

You are asking the question that lots of parking firms do (I recall you are not a parking scum employee though!).

They like to spout ''how would you like it if someone parked on your drive''? I wouldn't, not that I have a drive. But the thing is, the sort of selfish behaviour you describe is very rare, and having a parking scammer on site would not have removed the car, it would still have been there at 9pm, just with a fake PCN on the windscreen or on its way to the keeper two weeks later.

Doesn't solve the problem for you - all it does is line scammers' pockets. The only way to stop people like the odd selfish parker if you want to put a barrier there, is chains/posts that you can unlock. Letting a parking firm 'monetise' the land is just despicable.

Jeez I hate that phrase 'monetise the land' but clearly it's in the psyche of the parking scammers. They are NOT interested in parking management. Just money.

The industry should be banned completely - utter scum and anyone who works for a parking firm or props up the 'industry' by working for the likes of the BPA or IPC, should be deeply ashamed and get a proper job, actually do something for Society. Not extortion.

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
In defence of the surgery and parking enforcers, there’d be no need for if ‘we’ all used our cars less and when we do, parked with more consideration for others. Yet every day you see chaos caused by utter bellendery and/or disregard for signage when it comes to parking. ‘But I’m only going to be five minutes’ is the frequent response with no thought given to the fact that someone else will say the same after they’ve gone...and again after they’ve gone...soon adds up to a permanent nuisance! Just sit outside your local coffee shop for half an hour and you’ll see this in action!

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
If sitting at a coffee shop then the 5 minutes wouldn't be on private land, though. There is a huge difference between the scammers who literally just live and breathe scamming people for money and refusing to consider appeals fairly, and Council CEOs and the statutory on street traffic management orders and set rules.

And you are allowed to stop for 5 minutes on street, even on yellow lines, and you won't get a PCN.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Agreed, [MENTION=38422]SWL-Seagull[/MENTION].

Always the very first thing to do.

It is private land. Any non Council land is 'private land'.

Did you not get a PCN then? Which scammer infests there?

I am sure [MENTION=6635]JAC[/MENTION]etheace - whether involved with the BPA or one of their pet scammers - is not quiet regarding how to 'monetise' (for the parking firm) unsuspecting landowner/retailer/managing agent car parks. How to lose friends and alienate people - let a parking scammer infest your land.

Horrible 'job' scamming retailers into thinking a service is being provided for free. Yep, how lovely, a protection racket that drives your customers away, what a fantastic idea! Then the retail park dies and then everyone blames internet shopping. Hmmm...parking firms cause issues to their clients as well as to poor motorists, and it is high time the large Supermarkets and Hospitals led the way and removed their parking scammers for good.

Sorry I was silent, sometimes I don't come back to this forum for days/weeks so didn't see these replies till now.

You are asking the question that lots of parking firms do (I recall you are not a parking scum employee though!).

They like to spout ''how would you like it if someone parked on your drive''? I wouldn't, not that I have a drive. But the thing is, the sort of selfish behaviour you describe is very rare, and having a parking scammer on site would not have removed the car, it would still have been there at 9pm, just with a fake PCN on the windscreen or on its way to the keeper two weeks later.

Doesn't solve the problem for you - all it does is line scammers' pockets. The only way to stop people like the odd selfish parker if you want to put a barrier there, is chains/posts that you can unlock. Letting a parking firm 'monetise' the land is just despicable.

Jeez I hate that phrase 'monetise the land' but clearly it's in the psyche of the parking scammers. They are NOT interested in parking management. Just money.

The industry should be banned completely - utter scum and anyone who works for a parking firm or props up the 'industry' by working for the likes of the BPA or IPC, should be deeply ashamed and get a proper job, actually do something for Society. Not extortion.

Thank you for taking the time to reply, we are going to have to agree to disagree, you suggest “ lithe odd selfish Parker” I wish it was.

You dislike scummy parking companies because of the bullying and malpractice, I dislike bullying selfish parkers who happily go about their day dumping the cars in places they shouldn’t causing at best mild inconvenience to at worse loss revenue.

I now live opposite a bank of garages and an elderly couple who need their car for amongst other things are hospital visits regularly can’t get there car out because of people actually parking their car on the forecourt in front of the door, they are now thinking of getting a parking company along with the other owners......

For the record I don’t nor ever have worked for or been connected to any parking enforcement firm.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
I now live opposite a bank of garages and an elderly couple who need their car for amongst other things are hospital visits regularly can’t get there car out because of people actually parking their car on the forecourt in front of the door, they are now thinking of getting a parking company along with the other owners....
The couple just need a couple of cones, or a lockable post (but they are not free) outside their garage.

The elderly couple will seriously regret it, as will the other owners, when they want their family to visit, or when they leave their car outside the garage for 2 minutes while they fetch the key from indoors. We all know what will happen. It always happens. They - and their family and friends who will end up too scared to visit, which will isolate the old couple - will all get PCNs, more than once, no appeals will be allowed, then the PPC will sue them all for hundreds of pounds.

PPCs do not just ticket rogue parkers, and that is why managing parking needs to be down to the owners themselves to pick & choose who they want to park.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
The couple just need a couple of cones, or a lockable post (but they are not free) outside their garage.

The elderly couple will seriously regret it, as will the other owners, when they want their family to visit, or when they leave their car outside the garage for 2 minutes while they fetch the key from indoors. We all know what will happen. It always happens. They - and their family and friends who will end up too scared to visit, which will isolate the old couple - will all get PCNs, more than once, no appeals will be allowed, then the PPC will sue them all for hundreds of pounds.

PPCs do not just ticket rogue parkers, and that is why managing parking needs to be down to the owners themselves to pick & choose who they want to park.

Are you saying that the customers of the car parking firm, (i.e. the garage owners), couldn’t instruct them to cancel any erroneously issued tickets in the same way that shops, hotels etc. can?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

The lady was saying the firm they are in discussions with let them photo the vehicle parked on drive, email to them then they issue the PCN, they fit the bays with warning signs of course.

I quite like the sound of that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The lady was saying the firm they are in discussions with let them photo the vehicle parked on drive, email to them then they issue the PCN, they fit the bays with warning signs of course.

So you do all the work and they collect he money just for sending out a PCN. Sounds good for them.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
So you do all the work and they collect he money just for sending out a PCN. Sounds good for them.

I don’t know what you define as work but anyone mildly irritated by someone who has parked on their drive thus stopping them getting their car out, taking a photo of said vehicle in plain site of written warnings and knowing a PCN will be due will be music to their ears no?

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade

I don't. It is a terrible idea.

Dreadful companies like Combined Parking Solutions and UKCPM do that. And there is no appeal worth trying, as they are in the conflict of interest-challenged IPC. Effectively that means no POPLA, no appeal in fact, and victims will all be sued regardless, even those ticketed by mistake.

So when the self ticketer realises later that in their excitement to rush out and take their photos, that they've made a mistake or want to remove a PCN for whatever reason, thy will find they probably can't unless they pay an admin fee, or they are restricted to cancelling only a certain number per month, or only have that right within 2 weeks, etc.

After that, their friend or neighbour who was accidentally ticketed by the resident and might only have been delivering something or helping a disabled person indoors for 5 minutes, is court-fodder.

Just DON'T do it.

They could put a polite sign up themselves and a cone or two, and it would be enough.

Are you saying that the customers of the car parking firm, (i.e. the garage owners), couldn’t instruct them to cancel any erroneously issued tickets in the same way that shops, hotels etc. can?
Almost certainly not, with the knuckle-dragging level of the parking firms who frequent residential car parks.

You'd be surprised about the supermarkets and hotels etc. They can't all cancel any PCN they want. They let the tail wag the dog and the parking firms' contract very often forbid cancellations without having to pay for it, or limit them, or make it so difficult that the hotel/landowner doesn't bother or don't even know they can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here