Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] toulon tournament China u21 v rep Ireland u21

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
So far in his career he has scored at every level he has played at. It is time to find out whether he is a Premier League player....

There's certain players who do that isn't there? Every level they move up to they score.
He is an odd looking bugger but he just scores goals.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
He's our Rooney, give him a run of games in the Prem and you can see him scoring, he just has something about him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's our Rooney, give him a run of games in the Prem and you can see him scoring, he just has something about him.

So far today I've deleted 3 or 4 'anti' Hughton posts, managing to self regulate some respect.

But come on people at least try and help a team mate :lolol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sorry I can't help then, I'm watching through Live NetTV via a Firestick and all channels are working well.

Cheers anyway - I just listened to the cricket instead.

So, having seen a bit of him in action, do you reckon young Connolly is ready for a bit of first team action next season?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cheers anyway - I just listened to the cricket instead.

So, having seen a bit of him in action, do you reckon young Connolly is ready for a bit of first team action next season?

There's no way I've watched enough of him to form an opinion.

I'm sure plenty of others will tell you he's brilliant/Not Even A Footballer, having watched way way less, but I'm not one of them

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If he's our new Wardie I'd be quite happy!

There's certain players who do that isn't there? Every level they move up to they score.
He is an odd looking bugger but he just scores goals.
Absolutely - right through the junior ranks, and now up to the first team squad. Every level he moves up he scores .........................

Nope. He needs a decent loan next year.
...............ah, but in spite of scoring at every level he moves up..........
You are Chris Hughton's second account and I claim my five pounds!

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
If he's our new Wardie I'd be quite happy!

Absolutely - right through the junior ranks, and now up to the first team squad. Every level he moves up he scores .........................

...............ah, but in spite of scoring at every level he moves up..........
You are Chris Hughton's second account and I claim my five pounds!

I've only seen him play about 10 times, ever, but I just don't think he's physically capable of it atm.
There's a sort of strangeness in that, in that he is bullish and clearly very physical for his age, but that is exactly why he isn't ready...he's use to being stronger and quicker than defences- he simply wouldn't be at our level.
I think a loan in League 1, at a decent footballing team, would be the best bet.

But what do i know?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I've only seen him play about 10 times, ever, but I just don't think he's physically capable of it atm.
There's a sort of strangeness in that, in that he is bullish and clearly very physical for his age, but that is exactly why he isn't ready...he's use to being stronger and quicker than defences- he simply wouldn't be at our level.
I think a loan in League 1, at a decent footballing team, would be the best bet.

But what do i know?
Well, if you've seen him about ten times, you'll know a lot more than me!

I'd just like to see a bit more chance taken with our youngsters. It was one of the things that irked me about the CH regime (and believe me, I was and am a CH fan) that he wouldn't willingly ever even put a youngster on the bench. After all, you can't use all seven subs anyway - and if we were 2 or 3-0 up with ten minutes to go (or maybe more likely 2 or 3-0 down with ten minutes to go) why not 'blood' a youngster or two? They may just surprise everybody and do what Connolly has done so far - score every time he moved up a level.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

I'd just like to see a bit more chance taken with our youngsters. It was one of the things that irked me about the CH regime (and believe me, I was and am a CH fan) that he wouldn't willingly ever even put a youngster on the bench. After all, you can't use all seven subs anyway - and if we were 2 or 3-0 up with ten minutes to go (or maybe more likely 2 or 3-0 down with ten minutes to go) why not 'blood' a youngster or two? They may just surprise everybody and do what Connolly has done so far - score every time he moved up a level.

I wholeheartedly agree - by doing this, they're playing in our system... learning how to integrate into our pattern of play and the movement of their team mates... by sending them to Rochdale we're achieving what exactly?!? and (alas) to some, even with 25 goals at that level they'd need to 'prove' they could it in the championship for four seasons... by which point we'll be in league 1 after watching Jurgen fluff his lines for another couple of season's... By ****ing about with this model, he'll be 26 before we're willing to risk him for 10 at home to ****ing Burnley. WHAT A LOAD OF SHIT.

The loan system hardly ever works, short term perhaps - but disappearing for a season to play away from your club - fails to convince me... after all when has this approach worked for any of our youngsters?!? Ever?!?

It's bollocks.

4 week loan max. If they start, shine...bring them back and give them a sodding chance.

On the subject of AC, I've watched his timing, movement etc. he looks a genuine prospect. In all honestly vs Jurgen he looks 10 times better already.

Words will fail me if he fails to get his chance this pre-season and beyond into the PL... oh yes, I mean it. Last season was totally shit, so shit in fact it cost the best manager we've probably ever had his job. The levels of shitness gor progressively worse the further up the pitch we look, with a 35 year old our only consistent geniune threat. I am not prepared to sit through another season of utter shite in an attacking sense. Andone and Jurgen are merceneries plain and simple. AC will play with, pride, passion and power and moreover he looks like a bad ass mother who won't take any shit of a nobody.

Peace be the journey.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

I guess my comments are based on the last few years, i've gotten used to youngsters NOT getting 20 minutes here and there. If Potter is going to try and genuinely integrate the youngsters then Connolly has as good a chance as anyone, absolutely, and surely deserves a run out as much as Locadia, for instance.
If he is just gonna get run out in the EDF, then he's much better getting used to the mens game via a loan.

Gawd, wouldn't it be great if he, maybe Sanders, Molumby, Alzate, White, Ostigard, Cox, the Davies', and obviously the Jan singings actually got a decent chance? We'll see. (White is 22 this season, Alzate and Sanders are both 20- they're not al babies anymore).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I guess my comments are based on the last few years, i've gotten used to youngsters NOT getting 20 minutes here and there. If Potter is going to try and genuinely integrate the youngsters then Connolly has as good a chance as anyone, absolutely, and surely deserves a run out as much as Locadia, for instance.
If he is just gonna get run out in the EDF, then he's much better getting used to the mens game via a loan.

Gawd, wouldn't it be great if he, maybe Sanders, Molumby, Alzate, White, Ostigard, Cox, the Davies', and obviously the Jan singings actually got a decent chance? We'll see. (White is 22 this season, Alzate and Sanders are both 20- they're not al babies anymore).
Yes, agree with most of that - but I really don't want any of our youngsters loaned to the EDF .......................................

P.S. Is Alzate the one who's been getting excellent reviews from Swindon fans?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

But what do i know?

Strangely i agree. Having seen the U23 a few times he wasn't one of the players that stood out for me. It's hard to assess players at that age and whether they will make it.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Strangely i agree. Having seen the U23 a few times he wasn't one of the players that stood out for me. It's hard to assess players at that age and whether they will make it.

Yeah, watching that game today with a much keener eye than a normal youth team match, and I came away having learnt absolutely no more about our guys, or anyone else. The number 10 looked great, Connor Ronan, but he was on loan at Walsall and a Slovak team last season and clearly nowhere near the Wolves first team. And 21.
When I watch our U23s i'm equally perplexed. I always thought Barclay looked great for instance.
Gyorkes definitely stands out, but perhaps because he is quite big for a young striker.

Yes, agree with most of that - but I really don't want any of our youngsters loaned to the EDF .......................................

P.S. Is Alzate the one who's been getting excellent reviews from Swindon fans?

Yeah. I saw him a couple of times for them and he looked VERY classy. As spence says, hard to assess for the U23s, but against men you get more of an idea, even if the step up from League 2 is huge.
If you're bored, this is worth a watch (he is number 11)..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTSCtHKRmyk
Obviously it's a tailored Youtube video, we've seen how misleading these can be, but you can clearly see how technically able he is.

Again, this whole young player malarky seems a bit of a guessing game, but I wouldn't be surprised if Potter has a very good look at him in pre-season.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yeah, watching that game today with a much keener eye than a normal youth team match, and I came away having learnt absolutely no more about our guys, or anyone else. The number 10 looked great, Connor Ronan, but he was on loan at Walsall and a Slovak team last season and clearly nowhere near the Wolves first team. And 21.
When I watch our U23s i'm equally perplexed. I always thought Barclay looked great for instance.
Gyorkes definitely stands out, but perhaps because he is quite big for a young striker.

Yeah. I saw him a couple of times for them and he looked VERY classy. As spence says, hard to assess for the U23s, but against men you get more of an idea, even if the step up from League 2 is huge.
If you're bored, this is worth a watch (he is number 11)..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTSCtHKRmyk
Obviously it's a tailored Youtube video, we've seen how misleading these can be, but you can clearly see how technically able he is.

Again, this whole young player malarky seems a bit of a guessing game, but I wouldn't be surprised if Potter has a very good look at him in pre-season.

Gyorkes stands out for me along with Tom Dallison. The latter was released by us. Goes to show how difficult it is.I also thought Jesse Starkey looked useful but again was released a few years back.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If you're bored, this is worth a watch (he is number 11).

OK, agree it's just Youtube highlights, but looks pretty impressive to me. I'd want him to be getting a run out in a few pre-season friendlies on the strength of that.
(and Connolly!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here