Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Nick Nurse

Heartening to see the guy who slogged his guts out for many years to try and get Brighton interested in basketball now at the top of the sport leading a team in the NBA finals and hanging out with Drake :clap2:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I used to enjoy watching the Bears. Brighton could do with another basketball team.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Interestingly has been at the Raptors since 2013, in that time they have never finished lower than 4th, in their Conference. No real previous in the NBA, and spent years in England. Remarkable rise perhaps Mr Potter will have the same effect on the Albion.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Have absolutely zero interest in basketball, awfully boring sport. Having said that I know Nick Nurse has done a great deal for basketball in Sussex, so if that's your thing fair enough, well done him.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Rodman in a Bears jersey, what a fantastic, surreal evening at the Brighton Centre that was. £26k I believe he was paid for that 20 or so minutes of court time. Also played at BH Triangle.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
And what a phenomenal career path NN has had, never realised how his career had skyrocketed, just shows you should never give up on your dreams. From a couple of hundred European fans watching his teams to packed arenas Stateside and the NBA finals..

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I used to enjoy watching the Bears. Brighton could do with another basketball team.

Admittedly I know little about basketball but it seems unfair if bears are allowed to play? Maybe they should adopt the HGP rule.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Brighton bears came from Worthing but originally but started as Brighton Giants who played at the boys club in Edward street in Brighton 60s then become Chevron leading to the Beers .The guy who put a lot of money into them was Dave Goss who owned Clapshaw & cleave sports shop near the Clock Tower.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Used to watch Mid Sussex Magic at the Dolphin back in the 80s. Phil Waghorn was one of the stars who always seem to enjoy a bit of argy bargy!!!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I remember her looking through my hair on a regular basis when I attended primary school in the '60s. Ah. That might have been the Ni................!

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 30, 2008
my mum gives me nick nurse every time i have a runny nose and it works every time cos it helps me sleep at night

Regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here