Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Internet Radio

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Morning all, I find myself working from home a lot more these days and I always like something on in the background so normally put the radio on as SSN gets very tiresome once you've seen an hour of it.

I usually have TalkSport on but I can't stand Jim White and Alan Brazil has really started to grind my gears recently. It seems to have gone massively down hill since becoming part of the New UK family. This morning was the final straw when they had that dick David Blaine on doing card tricks......great feature for radio!

I do from time to time flirt with X FM but Chris Moyles is unbearable.

I don't at the moment have a radio in my home office so I listen to the radio through my TV using TuneIn which has more stations from across the world than I'd know what to do with and sadly the search functionality on the app is rubbish.....so was wondering if anyone has any recommendations? I like the sort of music played on XFM, indie rock stuff. My only stipulation is it has to be available on TuneIn or ANOther app available in the Samsung App store.

Over to you NSC....

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Morning all, I find myself working from home a lot more these days and I always like something on in the background so normally put the radio on as SSN gets very tiresome once you've seen an hour of it.

I usually have TalkSport on but I can't stand Jim White and Alan Brazil has really started to grind my gears recently. It seems to have gone massively down hill since becoming part of the New UK family. This morning was the final straw when they had that dick David Blaine on doing card tricks......great feature for radio!

I do from time to time flirt with X FM but Chris Moyles is unbearable.

I don't at the moment have a radio in my home office so I listen to the radio through my TV using TuneIn which has more stations from across the world than I'd know what to do with and sadly the search functionality on the app is rubbish.....so was wondering if anyone has any recommendations? I like the sort of music played on XFM, indie rock stuff. My only stipulation is it has to be available on TuneIn or ANOther app available in the Samsung App store.

Over to you NSC....

I work predominantly from home these days. What I tend to do is go on to Youtube and choose a Genre of Music (Normally Reggaton) - Then Youtube then auto selects for you using that Genre. Its a good way of getting to hear new stuff. Only drawback is the adverts in between sometimes repeat themselves.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I work predominantly from home these days. What I tend to do is go on to Youtube and choose a Genre of Music (Normally Reggaton) - Then Youtube then auto selects for you using that Genre. Its a good way of getting to hear new stuff. Only drawback is the adverts in between sometimes repeat themselves.

Presumably another drawback with that technique would be having to actually listen to Reggaeton :D

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8941775 said:
Presumably another drawback with that technique would be having to actually listen to Reggaeton :D

I quite like it. Its cheery uptempo usually which for the most part makes you feel like your on yer holidays

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Absolutely this.

giphy.gif

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Absolute Radio. Also flip between Absolute's 80's and this but if you are mre of a 90@s kid thats always an option (Brit pop not my thing). Have also listened to More Radio which is a bit more chilled.

At home on my Alexa i select a genre of music and just let that play. Got Amazon Prime and that give a choce of thousands of songs.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Pandora radio. Maybe Spotify and the rest do something similar, I don't know, but based on your favourite artists, they play them and similar stuff. I'm not hugely into music but I've heard good things I didn't know existed.

tonyt

Feb 23, 2009
LBC is good for political type phone-ins and Radio 6 for indie music.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
'Greatest Hits Radio' is pretty good

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here