Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Was I the only one mildly irritated

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
By the BBC leading with Anthony Joshua getting beaten rather than Johanna Konta winning and getting to the quarter finals of the French Open?

That was a fantastic achievement and vastly more praiseworthy than getting knocked over by a fat Mexican.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Boxing died for me a long time ago as a serious sport. It's just a circus act now as far as I'm concerned. So yes I agree.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I used to love Sportsnight and the era with Eubank, Bruno, Tyson etc

Now it just seems to be a boring, glitzy load of old nonsense where some of the boxers
look so unfit I could beat them. Turns a great sport into a joke. Hearn is to blame if that
is what he has done to the great art.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
By the BBC leading with Anthony Joshua getting beaten rather than Johanna Konta winning and getting to the quarter finals of the French Open?

That was a fantastic achievement and vastly more praiseworthy than getting knocked over by a fat Mexican.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Disagree. Great achievement by Konta but surely a world champion losing to an underdog is a far bigger story.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Boxing second biggest sport in this country behind football now isn't it

I assume your talking about tennis which isn't really that popular ..... and even less popular is womens tennis.

Right order from the BBC

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Disagree. Great achievement by Konta but surely a world champion losing to an underdog is a far bigger story.

This. If anything, BBC should be applauded for not giving greater exposure to the 'plucky Brit' who seems to be doing pretty well at tennis. Been there, done that MANY times before. Save the column inches for when she gets to a final or even WINS the thing...

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
One of the biggest sporting upsets of all time v someone winning a tennis match that gets them to a 1/4 final.

Hmmm let me just think whether I'm annoyed?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Boxing second biggest sport in this country behind football now isn't it

I assume your talking about tennis which isn't really that popular ..... and even less popular is womens tennis.

Right order from the BBC

Where did you get your information from? May I suggest you look elsewhere.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
One of the biggest sporting upsets of all time v someone winning a tennis match that gets them to a 1/4 final.

Hmmm let me just think whether I'm annoyed?

Not really one of the biggest sporting upsets of all time, because Joshua has never been that good.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I used to love Sportsnight and the era with Eubank, Bruno, Tyson etc

Now it just seems to be a boring, glitzy load of old nonsense where some of the boxers
look so unfit I could beat them. Turns a great sport into a joke. Hearn is to blame if that
is what he has done to the great art.

In between or just after the cricket the other day Sky showed one of their filler progs which was Prince N H’s first fight in the US. By the time PNH came along I’d long since lost interest in boxing as a circus show but watching that back it actually seemed like a sport again. Terrific fight with Kelly [i think] that ebbed and flowed tremendously compared to the showboating BS that passes for a sport these days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here