Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Austria pre-season friendly v FC Liefering - Sat. 13th July

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
They can be built from where you like....just as long as you score more goals. I’d much rather win 2-1 than 1-0.

No they aren’t, if you look at great teams. Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea. The only anomaly is Citeh.

You still have a point at 0-0, you have nothing as soon as you go one down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No they aren’t, if you look at great teams. Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea. The only anomaly is Citeh.

You still have a point at 0-0, you have nothing as soon as you go one down

Yeah but how often did we just go out to limit the goals we lost to by 2 or less? I’d much rather lose 2-6 than 0-2 and be entertained. Goal difference at season’s end is worth one measly point. Bournemouth are the yardstick imo. They suffer heavy defeats but sometimes win games they are not expected to, and most of their games are entertaining

I know there’s a school of thought that thinks heavy defeats dent confidence but I think setting up not to lose by more than a goal or two does the same thing. The mentality should be “we’ll try to win” imo. That didn’t happen much last season and the players became shell shocked as we lost game after game without ever setting up to win it.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I dropped that laptop and cracked the screen then being me tried to use superglue to fix it but it ran and made it impossible to see so have to connect to the TV and use that PC just for that streaming etc. I could have bought another screen but thought why bother why not just keep that pc for the streaming on the TV.

Itchy beard

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Try telling Kevin Keegan that after his time as manager of Newcastle.

And they won what?

They lost out to a Utd team with a solid defence

I don't believe there's a single Geordie alive who preferred Rafa's pragmatic necessity under Ashley to THAT season under Keegan. They may not have won the league but they haven't seen the like of that football or table position ever again.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
If you were wondering where the home fans were, this is the view from the camera side. It looks as though Albion fans actually outnumbered locals in the pitiful crowd. In a friendly. On the Continent. You'd think they'd be queuing up to come and see a team packed with Premier League players!

View attachment 112882

No wonder not many home fans huge concert on today

Typical singing, cow-bell ringing, and yodelling: Immerse yourself in Tirolean tradition and let the Gundolf Family entertain you with an amazing folk show at Sandwirt Restaurant in Innsbruck.

Read more
Clap along to traditional Tirolean folk dancing and music on a raucous evening in Innsbruck! The Gundolf Family–a staple in Innsbruck since 1967–can rely upon a long music tradition as they have welcomed visitors to their highly entertaining Tirolean Evenings for 50 years. Taking place inside the family-run Sandwirt Restaurant on Reichenauer Straße Street, the show features original Tirolean traditions and authentic folk music played on a variety of musical instruments, Tirolean dances, shoe-slapping as well as typical singing, cow-bell ringing, yodelling and jigs aplenty.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Gawd, does it matter what the scoreline was? does it matter how we performed? No it doersn't. It was a training exercise, a way of getting their fitness back, pure and simple.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Yeah but how often did we just go out to limit the goals we lost to by 2 or less? I’d much rather lose 2-6 than 0-2 and be entertained. Goal difference at season’s end is worth one measly point. Bournemouth are the yardstick imo. They suffer heavy defeats but sometimes win games they are not expected to, and most of their games are entertaining

I know there’s a school of thought that thinks heavy defeats dent confidence but I think setting up not to lose by more than a goal or two does the same thing. The mentality should be “we’ll try to win” imo. That didn’t happen much last season and the players became shell shocked as we lost game after game without ever setting up to win it.

I must admit I strongly believe that the less one tries to create opportunities, the less rehearsed one will be at taking them and more likely a player is to panic and fluff it up.

If a team spends most of the season being solid at the back when it comes to must win games at the back end of the season we don't really know how to.

I wouldn't expect us to attack full out leaving us weak at the back, and I would expect us to defend hard and attack hard in an orchestrated system.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You must have been in heaven after the Bristol Rovers 2-8 home defeat.

Unfortunately zero points are given for entertainment.

Same as being bored to tears and still losing then. I know which I’d take. I wasn’t a Brighton fan for the game you mention but I think there were some good goals scored from footage I seem to recall seeing.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I must admit I strongly believe that the less one tries to create opportunities, the less rehearsed one will be at taking them and more likely a player is to panic and fluff it up.

If a team spends most of the season being solid at the back when it comes to must win games at the back end of the season we don't really know how to.

I wouldn't expect us to attack full out leaving us weak at the back, and I would expect us to defend hard and attack hard in an orchestrated system.

True Dat

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Gawd, does it matter what the scoreline was? does it matter how we performed? No it doersn't. It was a training exercise, a way of getting their fitness back, pure and simple.

You are missing the point, people are discussing the change in tactics and the way players played. Of course it means nothing but God it was refreshing to me.

No wonder not many home fans huge concert on today

Typical singing, cow-bell ringing, and yodelling: Immerse yourself in Tirolean tradition and let the Gundolf Family entertain you with an amazing folk show at Sandwirt Restaurant in Innsbruck.

Read more
Clap along to traditional Tirolean folk dancing and music on a raucous evening in Innsbruck! The Gundolf Family–a staple in Innsbruck since 1967–can rely upon a long music tradition as they have welcomed visitors to their highly entertaining Tirolean Evenings for 50 years. Taking place inside the family-run Sandwirt Restaurant on Reichenauer Straße Street, the show features original Tirolean traditions and authentic folk music played on a variety of musical instruments, Tirolean dances, shoe-slapping as well as typical singing, cow-bell ringing, yodelling and jigs aplenty.

They could have just watched the Sound of Music instead.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

All valid points, but I want the vital point.

Heavy defeats are draining and demoralising, there are no positives for me.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No, that would be last season.

But clearly they weren’t defensive, so sorry I’m not getting your point.

They were offensive which is the precise reason they failed champions league wise and reinforces my point IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here