Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Austria pre-season friendly v FC Liefering - Sat. 13th July

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Any more news on the pre season friendly in Austria?

Quite fancy a long weekend away but still no details of date, location anyone got any further information.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 27, 2012
Any more news on the pre season friendly in Austria?

Quite fancy a long weekend away but still no details of date, location anyone got any further information.

The friendly on the pre-season tour to Austria is on "Saturday 13th July - Pre-season tour friendly (opponent and KO TBC)"
The other fixtures via
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2019/may/pre-season-line-up-part-confirmed/
Saturday 13th July - Pre-season tour friendly (opponent and KO TBC)
Friday 19th July - Crawley Town v Brighton & Hove Albion (7.45pm)
Saturday 20th July - Fulham v Brighton & Hove Albion (3pm)
Saturday 27th July - Birmingham City v Brighton & Hove Albion (3pm)
Friday 2nd August - Home friendly at the Amex Stadium (opponent and KO TBC)

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
The friendly on the pre-season tour to Austria is on "Saturday 13th July - Pre-season tour friendly (opponent and KO TBC)"
The other fixtures via
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2019/may/pre-season-line-up-part-confirmed/
Saturday 13th July - Pre-season tour friendly (opponent and KO TBC)
Friday 19th July - Crawley Town v Brighton & Hove Albion (7.45pm)
Saturday 20th July - Fulham v Brighton & Hove Albion (3pm)
Saturday 27th July - Birmingham City v Brighton & Hove Albion (3pm)
Friday 2nd August - Home friendly at the Amex Stadium (opponent and KO TBC)

Thanks any idea of a town or city, not making it easy for anyone interested in a weekend away.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I think it's normally in a little non-league ground somewhere in the mountains. Not really an epic football weekend away.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
I think it's normally in a little non-league ground somewhere in the mountains. Not really an epic football weekend away.

The last two years the games have been played at Bischofshofen in Austria and St Gallen in Switzerland. Both beautiful parts of the world. Lots of European teams have summer training camps in the Austrian Alps. I’m looking forward to Bayer Leverkusen visiting Zell am See the week after the Albion visit.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
The last two years the games have been played at Bischofshofen in Austria and St Gallen in Switzerland. Both beautiful parts of the world. Lots of European teams have summer training camps in the Austrian Alps. I’m looking forward to Bayer Leverkusen visiting Zell am See the week after the Albion visit.

I thought the game at St Gallen was totally separate from the training camp in Austria? Not disputing the brilliance of that part of the world, I just think the Albion game would be a bit incidental.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
3 1/2 weeks until the friendly in Austria and no details seem to exist ? ???

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe

Isn't Zell am See a bit too touristy and popular for a football club, especially one like Leverkusen?

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Isn't Zell am See a bit too touristy and popular for a football club, especially one like Leverkusen?

It’s very touristy. Unlike the Albion, Leverkusen don’t seem bothered about privacy. They’ll bring a couple of coachloads of fans with them for the duration of the summer camp and will hold public training sessions. The fans, team and staff also have a social night together. They’ll also play a friendly in Zell that many more fans will come down for.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It’s very touristy. Unlike the Albion, Leverkusen don’t seem bothered about privacy. They’ll bring a couple of coachloads of fans with them for the duration of the summer camp and will hold public training sessions. The fans, team and staff also have a social night together. They’ll also play a friendly in Zell that many more fans will come down for.

For the Hyypia pre season that is exactly what happened in Spain (without the bringing of coachloads of fans) although we all know how that season went.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
19 days until the friendly against the team of mystery.

Looking forward to it.

:albion2:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Didn't the Albion do a similar thing on a pre season tournament a few years ago? The arraned a bqq for some fans after a game on the continent l seem to remember. That's where my mate Andy had his photo taken with Leonardo Ulloa. Just before he flew back to sign for Leicester City in fact.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Didn't the Albion do a similar thing on a pre season tournament a few years ago? The arraned a bqq for some fans after a game on the continent l seem to remember. That's where my mate Andy had his photo taken with Leonardo Ulloa. Just before he flew back to sign for Leicester City in fact.

They did indeed. In Portugal, under Hyppia. It hasn’t been repeated since.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

They did indeed. In Portugal, under Hyppia. It hasn’t been repeated since.

Yes in Spain, Pinatar, the bbq was on one of the evenings and all the fans were invited and all the players sat on tables with the fans. CMS was moaning that the Ulloa transfer was taking so long as they all knew he was off and Aaron Hughes was introduced as he had just signed a few minutes/hours before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here