Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Austria pre-season friendly v FC Liefering - Sat. 13th July

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I want to be entertained. I think Potter’s teams will entertain me more than Hughton’s. I not too bothered about survival if I had to put up with the football in the second half of last season. TB knows what the issues were and he gets the important things right.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I know it's my choice, but a lot of time, money and emotion was put into away games (especially) last season.

With the odd exception, we knew it was going to be painful to watch, with 10 behind the ball.

Whatever the outcome come next May, I just hope Potter and the gang provide some fun and excitement along the way. I think they will.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I know it's my choice, but a lot of time, money and emotion was put into away games (especially) last season.

With the odd exception, we knew it was going to be painful to watch, with 10 behind the ball.

Whatever the outcome come next May, I just hope Potter and the gang provide some fun and excitement along the way. I think they will.

Reminds me of my ST for two seasons at Gillingham! :down:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I too went to a large number of away games, did you not think the rearguard performances at Newcastle, Wolves and Spurs were excellent from a different perspective.

I still maintain we played well at Liverpool (bad miss by Gross), at Utd, Arsenal, Stains in second half, Leicester, Palace, West Ham, good first half at Fulham.

Ok at Huddersfield and Cardiff (prior to sending off). Burnley, they had a goal wrongly allowed and then Locadia missed a sitter.

The only games I came away disgusted were Watford, Fulham second half, Bournemouth and Everton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I too went to a large number of away games, did you not think the rearguard performances at Newcastle, Wolves and Spurs were excellent from a different perspective.

I still maintain we played well at Liverpool (bad miss by Gross), at Utd, Arsenal, Stains in second half, Leicester, Palace, West Ham, good first half at Fulham.

Ok at Huddersfield and Cardiff (prior to sending off). Burnley, they had a goal wrongly allowed and then Locadia missed a sitter.

The only games I came away disgusted were Watford, Fulham second half, Bournemouth and Everton.

Cardiff at home was grim.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
But you would acknowledge that wasn’t the case before Christmas.

Not saying you’re wrong, none of us will ever know.

Every team has a bad run, it’s just that ours extended over two months.....

Not really. The results at home to Wolves and West Ham plus Newcastle away were wins but the writing was on the wall.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not really. The results at home to Wolves and West Ham plus Newcastle away were wins but the writing was on the wall.

Oh well, guess we’re at completely different ends of the spectrum on this [emoji106]

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
No names but I have seen quite a few posts suggesting that we are already as good as down BECAUSE we sacked Hughton. I suggest that means Potter was being written off before the team even kicked a ball in anger.

Currently we'll be going down for lack of investment, and nothing to do with managerial change.

Our fairly thin squad is a year older, our best player has retired and I don't think Murray wil be able to repeat his tally from last season.

The response to this is signing a winger and a cover CB.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Currently we'll be going down for lack of investment, and nothing to do with managerial change.

Our fairly thin squad is a year older, our best player has retired and I don't think Murray wil be able to repeat his tally from last season.

The response to this is signing a winger and a cover CB.

We might not sign the right players this window or be spending enough, perhaps, argue away, but the idea that the recruitment team were told to pack their bags for the summer on June 26th when Trossard was in the bag is quite the take.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So - playing one way = trying
Playing another way = not trying.

Really ? Is that it ?

It’s obviously not binary. But for many games we set up to win a point and this was often the primary objective and motive. Put frankly, this is not why I watch football. And I believe we could have done more and created more last season.

It seems Potter is going to have almost the same squad as Hughton. Let’s see what he can get out of the same bunch.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
We might not sign the right players this window or be spending enough, perhaps, argue away, but the idea that the recruitment team were told to pack their bags for the summer on June 26th when Trossard was in the bag is quite the take.

Same thing happens every year, usually starting in late May.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Yes I understand that. I was making my point based on now.

I would expect us to bring in more, but as each day passes I get the feeling we won't be seeing anyone until the last scramble in August.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
But then he was talking about away games ...and at the end of the day we survived which when you take the longer term view was the most important thing
I think views might be split on that. Some fans I know miss the thrills and spills of the Gus and Hughton Championship campaigns, whereas others like sitting in the corner seat with table leg obstruction at the big boys' dinner table.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think views might be split on that. Some fans I know miss the thrills and spills of the Gus and Hughton Championship campaigns, whereas others like sitting in the corner seat with table leg obstruction at the big boys' dinner table.

Oh views are split....i was just giving mine, as I’ve seen enough in my 50 odd years of watching ...the majority of course being in the lower leagues and not the thrills and spills of the championship..if only they were guaranteed

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here