Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Austria pre-season friendly v FC Liefering - Sat. 13th July

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Fact is of course we were very lucky to survive last year. We were bloody awful second half of the season

Rubbish.
You finish where you deserve.
Were we unlucky at West Ham when the ball went out of play, prior to then scoring?
Were we unlucky at Cardiff when they scored an offside winner?
At Burnley when Tarkowski handles on their goal?
At home Vs Leicester when Kayal conceded a last minute penalty against a player who was offside?

I can think of a lot more if you need me to.

The facts are all teams have ‘lucky’ / ‘unlucky’ moments, and you finish where you deserve to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
The big question is----are the Albion better off with 3-4, 2-5, 2-4 looses instead of 0-0 & 1-1 draws? It may have been boring football but we kept playing in the PL with the TV money.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The big question is----are the Albion better off with 3-4, 2-5, 2-4 looses instead of 0-0 & 1-1 draws? It may have been boring football but we kept playing in the PL with the TV money.

That is the 100 million pound question. All will be revealed

Seems a shame but there are plenty of fans who don’t seem to want to give Potter a chance and are totally convinced that there is no other way than the Hughton way. Reminds me of those guys in the 60’s wandering around with The End Of The World is Nigh placards around their necks. Nothing would convince them otherwise either

10 men behind the ball and terrified of every team in the Premier League cannot be the only way Lil Ole Brighton will survive, surely? I’d rather we didn’t if it is.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Great thanks. Nice take by Trossard for his goal and liked the Kayal ping to AJ and his cross for Andone to head in.

Hard to judge on the quality of the oppo and the pitch but we looked like we moved the ball quickly and looked to break.

Love the fans singing :albion2:

Think it was Knockaert who switched play, Kayal is just behind him.....

Watched the game on the stream and the opponents were poor.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Rubbish.
You finish where you deserve.
Were we unlucky at West Ham when the ball went out of play, prior to then scoring?
Were we unlucky at Cardiff when they scored an offside winner?
At Burnley when Tarkowski handles on their goal?
At home Vs Leicester when Kayal conceded a last minute penalty against a player who was offside?

I can think of a lot more if you need me to.

The facts are all teams have ‘lucky’ / ‘unlucky’ moments, and you finish where you deserve to.

Whilst I agree .... the ball didnt go out against West Ham

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That is the 100 million pound question. All will be revealed

Seems a shame but there are plenty of fans who don’t seem to want to give Potter a chance and are totally convinced that there is no other way than the Hughton way. Reminds me of those guys in the 60’s wandering around with The End Of The World is Nigh. Nothing would convince them otherwise too.

I think that’s a bit unfair.

I’ve not seen anyone being anti-Potter, we should all want the same thing which is a winning team, though turning your post around, I’m beginning to wonder whether that was the case when Hughton was in charge.

In terms of style, time will tell. We were always supposed to be a ‘work in progress’, but apparently weren’t progressing quickly enough for Tony Bloom.

I maintain that if we adopt a too open style we will effectively be playing similar to Fulham last season.

Ideally it’s a combination between the two, great structure without the ball, (Hughton’s strength), and attacking flair with it.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
And given it a thumbsup. Perhaps you're one of those people who automatically gets outraged for no reason. Well, sad to say, there's plenty on NSC.

We weren't lucky - we won more points than the teams that finished 18th, 19th. and 20th. Sorry if the facts offend your delicate sensitivities. I, for my part, will continue to ridicule any idiots who keep on beating that 'we were lucky'. We weren't - we finished in the position that we earned.

we were a bit lucky

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think that’s a bit unfair.

I’ve not seen anyone being anti-Potter, we should all want the same thing which is a winning team, though turning your post around, I’m beginning to wonder whether that was the case when Hughton was in charge.

In terms of style, time will tell. We were always supposed to be a ‘work in progress’, but apparently weren’t progressing quickly enough for Tony Bloom.

I maintain that if we adopt a too open style we will effectively be playing similar to Fulham last season.

Ideally it’s a combination between the two, great structure without the ball, (Hughton’s strength), and attacking flair with it.

No names but I have seen quite a few posts suggesting that we are already as good as down BECAUSE we sacked Hughton. I suggest that means Potter was being written off before the team even kicked a ball in anger.

I am really looking forward to the season. I expect us to take a while to get going and we may even turn out to be another Blackpool, as already mentioned. There are some who will take survival regardless of how dreadful it is to watch, those who love a great defensive display and those who expect to be entertained now and again. There is no right or wrong approach and nobody is going to be swayed by somebody else’s opinion.

As to the work in progress, we went backwards at an alarming rate after Xmas and showed no signs of being able to do anything but defend in depth by the end of the season.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No names but I have seen quite a few posts suggesting that we are already as good as down BECAUSE we sacked Hughton. I suggest that means Potter was being written off before the team even kicked a ball in anger.

I am really looking forward to the season. I expect us to take a while to get going and we may even turn out to be another Blackpool, as already mentioned. There are some who will take survival regardless of how dreadful it is to watch, those who love a great defensive display and those who expect to be entertained now and again. There is no right or wrong approach and nobody is going to be swayed by somebody else’s opinion.

Well I don’t mind stating my view [emoji2]

I think Hughton’s style offered us the best chance of survival.

Not writing Potter off, as if he’s clever he’ll adapt, but initially his style may not help our survival IMO.

Great last para., fully agree - you know where I am [emoji2]

Last edited:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
What part of 'we were lucky' is nonsesnse, if you wanted to go to ectremes you could say is beyong your level of understanding?
Geez. :facepalm:

Is that your best? Intellectual, rational argument ...............well, obviously not. So f*kc off.

just a little bit

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Unlikely we would survive continuing what we were doing though IMO. 20-odd games of mostly extraordinarily negative dross, almost no chances created or goals scored and a team bereft of confidence and belief.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well I don’t mind stating my view [emoji2]

I think Hughton’s style offered us the best chance of survival.

Not writing Potter off, as if he’s clever he’ll adapt, but initially his style may not help our survival IMO.

Great last para., fully agree - you know where I am [emoji2]

Who knows we may do a De Boer, lose 7 games push the panic button and turn to Sam Allardyce :smile:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Unlikely we would survive continuing what we were doing though IMO. 20-odd games of mostly extraordinarily negative dross, almost no chances created or goals scored and a team bereft of confidence and belief.

But you would acknowledge that wasn’t the case before Christmas.

Not saying you’re wrong, none of us will ever know.

Every team has a bad run, it’s just that ours extended over two months.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here