Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Austria pre-season friendly v FC Liefering - Sat. 13th July

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Brighton & Hove Albion will play Austrian club FC Liefering as part of their pre-season training camp on Saturday 13th July.

The pre-season curtain-raiser will take place at the Sportplatz Bischofshofen (kick-off 2pm local time), the same venue where Albion faced Fortuna Dusseldorf two years ago.

Tickets for the game can only be bought on the day at the stadium, which holds 1,500 spectators. Tickets are priced at €10, while children under 12 can attend for free.

FC Liefering play in the Austrian second tier and act as a feeder club for Austrian Bundesliga champions Red Bull Salzburg.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How would you get there, economically, by plane?

Just had a quick look to the likes of Salzburg, Graz, Vienna, Venice and Munich and there doesn't seem to be any of the cheapie low-cost carrier fares I might have expected, but I'm no expert in these things at all. Is it just too late now to get a bargain flight?

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Be very rude not to sample the air in july .

40302478_diwV057-stdnybOVyCn-DN7If0IA41_Fdn6kON6FK7c.jpg

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Just had a quick look to the likes of Salzburg, Graz, Vienna, Venice and Munich and there doesn't seem to be any of the cheapie low-cost carrier fares I might have expected, but I'm no expert in these things at all. Is it just too late now to get a bargain flight?

You could fly to Ljubljana on easyjet and it's about 120 miles in a rental car.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Cheapo Frankfurt flight then a 6 hour bus ride for €30 Nice if you want a bit of scenery included in your match day ticket

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Stansted to Vienna, Ryanair but Sunday coming back will be expensive.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria

Nearest airport by far is Salzburg. There are flights almost every morning from Gatwick (BA) and Stansted (Ryanair). Bischofshofen is about a one hour train ride from Salzburg.

Return flights, travelling on Friday morning and returning Monday morning, are currently about £200pp.

The next most convenient airport is Munich.

Last edited:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Also not cheap at all, unless I'm missing something.

£314pp going out on Friday and back Sunday.

Was a bit cheaper when I looked last night! MAybe delete your browser cookies and try again as airlines use them to see what other routes you've looked at and can vary the price.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Was a bit cheaper when I looked last night! MAybe delete your browser cookies and try again as airlines use them to see what other routes you've looked at and can vary the price.

I'm not going to airlines, I'm using flight comparison engines.

(There is mixed reports on whether airlines do that with cookies. I personally think it's utter bollocks - having tested it now and again, but I'm a very small sample size.)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I'm not going to airlines, I'm using flight comparison engines.

(There is mixed reports on whether airlines do that with cookies. I personally think it's utter bollocks - having tested it now and again, but I'm a very small sample size.)

I've seen it myself (a few years ago admittedly) where there was about £100 difference for same flight by using a different browser. Dunno if it is still the case but definitely was.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is London pompous and PPF organising a firm to teach the aedelwise eating lederhosen wearing hairy legs a thing or two about Luzzing chairs?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Pre-season friendlies now :

Saturday 13th July - v FC Liefering (Sportplatz Bischofshofen ) 2pm - local time.
Friday 19th July - Crawley Town v Brighton & Hove Albion (7.45pm)
Saturday 20th July - Fulham v Brighton & Hove Albion (Aldershot Town’s EBB Stadium, kick-off 3pm.
Saturday 27th July - Birmingham City v Brighton & Hove Albion (3pm)
Friday 2nd August - Home friendly at the Amex Stadium (opponent and KO TBC) - Heavily tipped as Valencia and presumably 7.45pm KO.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Pre-season friendlies now :

Saturday 13th July - v FC Liefering (Sportplatz Bischofshofen ) 2pm - local time.
Friday 19th July - Crawley Town v Brighton & Hove Albion (7.45pm)
Saturday 20th July - Fulham v Brighton & Hove Albion (Aldershot Town’s EBB Stadium, kick-off 3pm.
Saturday 27th July - Birmingham City v Brighton & Hove Albion (3pm)
Friday 2nd August - Home friendly at the Amex Stadium (opponent and KO TBC) - Heavily tipped as Valencia and presumably 7.45pm KO.

Said 7pm kick off when it briefly appeared (seemingly by error) on the ticket website last night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here