Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Austria pre-season friendly v FC Liefering - Sat. 13th July

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
And we conceded two sloppy goals but although its very tempting , as i said on another thread, to extrapolate from pre-season a verdict on our new manager or where we are , its premature to say the least.
But of course. Trossard and Andone's goals were a joy to watch.

I agree we conceded too poor goals but, hey, I was entertained... I'd missed that... how about you CJ?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hopefully the days of trying to defend our way to 2-0 defeats every away game are over

I really hope so... we may get thrashed a few times, but expect more wins too...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I really hope so... we may get thrashed a few times, but expect more wins too...

We got thrashed at home to Bournemouth... f*cking Bournemouth! And showed no attacking intent. I'm ok with the odd drubbing so long as our footy is expansive and exciting to watch.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We got thrashed at home to Bournemouth... f*cking Bournemouth! And showed no attacking intent. I'm ok with the odd drubbing so long as our footy is expansive and exciting to watch.

100% agreed.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 27, 2012
I agree we conceded too poor goals but, hey, I was entertained... I'd missed that... how about you CJ?

If we can score goals like Trossard or Andone this afternoon v Watford in 4 weeks time and come home with 3 points then i'd be floating on air for a week or so.
Long way to go yet...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If we can score goals like Trossard or Andone this afternoon v Watford in 4 weeks time and come home with 3 points then i'd be floating on air for a week or so.
Long way to go yet...

Yes, that's fair...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
First half pretty good, although conceding two goals was a bit of a concern. Second half, not so good - looked like we were reverting to ten men in our own half. Lots of buffering, so gave up watching before the fifth goal went in.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
2nd half was a big drop off in terms of overall quality and composure on the ball. Kayal in particular was very erratic and sloppy. Good to see Ali J, Locadia and Andone playing as if they have a point to prove. Alzate was comfortably our best player and Solly looked great carrying the ball, just needs to sharpen up on the final ball and decision making.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Don't get why people were getting buffering and pixelisation, was perfect on my lappy. Very good quality.
Me too. Commentator aside, impressed with the presentation generally. Decent quality, nice use of different camera angles.

Good to see our little team from West Sussex start pre-season well. Johan Bax looked good too.*

*If you missed the commentary, you'll think I've gone mad...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here