Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Austria pre-season friendly v FC Liefering - Sat. 13th July

Andone's reaction when Knockaert beat two men and shot rather than set him up suggests he won't be too unhappy if the stocky France under-21 winger's move to Fulham comes off.
I think Knocky's got too much to prove. I'd like to see him go out on loan to a promotion chasing Championship club until Christmas as I think he might become a bit of a liability.
He's 27 BTW :)

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
Very much liking Trossard and Alzate excellent in midfield. Interesting to see the different distribution from the ‘keepers. Button playing it quickly and short, Walton going long and when he didn’t he took far too long to lay it off.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would those of you that watched care to select what would have been the hindsight heavy dream team for today's game?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012
The only notable thing really about today is that (probably) Potter is going to play 4-2-3-1, still thinks Locadia can play out wide, Ali J is a potential #10, and little sign of the u23s dislodging the senior squad with Alzate and Sanders filling for positions where there is going to be incoming (or Bissouma coming back).

And is Ryan injured ?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
A surprisingly entertaining game played at a decent tempo. Obviously you cannot read too much into it, but we at least approached the game in a positive manner. The game held my interest for the full 90 which I was not expecting

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
A surprisingly entertaining game played at a decent tempo. Obviously you cannot read too much into it, but we at least approached the game in a positive manner. The game held my interest for the full 90 which I was not expecting

If we're not top 4 and European Champions within two years on the back of that mercurial performance I'll start wetting my bed.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Would those of you that watched care to select what would have been the hindsight heavy dream team for today's game?

Button

Sanders
Dunk
Clarke
Bernardo

Alzate
Stephens

Locadia
Jahankabash
Trossard

?

Button made a few decent saves, whereas Walton wasn’t tested. Defended much better in the 2nd half but the Dunk goal would get him the nod. Alzate was MOTM for me, really impressive performance. Murray & Andone a toss-up, couldn’t really separate them based on that performance.

Was also pretty impressed with their #9, only 18 and was a real handful. Wouldn’t mind seeing him enter the black hole in Lancing.

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The only notable thing really about today is that (probably) Potter is going to play 4-2-3-1, still thinks Locadia can play out wide, Ali J is a potential #10, and little sign of the u23s dislodging the senior squad with Alzate and Sanders filling for positions where there is going to be incoming (or Bissouma coming back).

And is Ryan injured ?

On the contrary, I think Alzate did himself a lot of good and gave the manager something to think about.

Needs to do it against better opposition though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I'm sure the players enjoyed just playing a game again after two weeks of training. Can't really read too much into it however some of the players look to be trying to express themselves a bit, some back heels and Cruyff turns and some good passing moves.

Think it's clear that Ali J plays best on the right, he looked good as did Trossard, he seemed to float about along that 3. Alzate I thought played very well but let's see how he gets on in the next few friendlies, if he goes out on loan I hope it's to the Championship so we can see what he can do. Looks a player.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

And is Ryan injured ?

Hmmm... Alzate made a great case for more chances... on the other hand, Sanders did well out-of-position, but we must get a RB in... I still want to see Big Jurg as a striker... you are missing the other thing of note... we actually attacked (!!) and had 20 shots... very very different to Chris's bus-park...

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
Button

Sanders
Dunk
Clarke
Bernardo

Alzate
Stephens

Locadia
Jahankabash
Trossard

?

Button made a few decent saves, whereas Walton wasn’t tested. Defended much better in the 2nd half but the Dunk goal would get him the nod. Alzate was MOTM for me, really impressive performance. Murray & Andone a toss-up, couldn’t really separate them based on that performance.

Was also pretty impressed with their #9, only 18 and was a real handful. Wouldn’t mind seeing him enter the black hole in Lancing.

Agree with your dream team selection.

Noticeable that we seemed to get more players up in support of attacks. Of course that comes at the price of being a bit vulnerable at the back.

Nice first performance though.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012
Hmmm... Alzate made a great case for more chances... on the other hand, Sanders did well out-of-position, but we must get a RB in... I still want to see Big Jurg as a striker... you are missing the other thing of note... we actually attacked (!!) and had 20 shots... very very different to Chris's bus-park...

And we conceded two sloppy goals but although its very tempting , as i said on another thread, to extrapolate from pre-season a verdict on our new manager or where we are , its premature to say the least. But this thread is already full of them of course.
And Trossard and Andone's goals were a joy to watch but then they are multi million pound signings playing against a team of lower league youngsters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here