Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kick It Out research

footballfan12

May 27, 2019
Hi Brighton fans, I’m a researcher at the University of York who is currently researching football fans’ experiences, views and opinions on the work of Kick It Out in tackling racism in English football. I have been in contact with moderators and they have granted me permission to post on this forum.

I would encourage anyone interested in the current state of the English game to complete this short survey that should take you no longer than 10 minutes to complete:

https://york.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eURBjYTg5SJpRuB

Any responses you provide is anonymised and used solely for academic purposes. I will never ask for or record any information that might lead to forum members being identified (such as names, email addresses or IP addresses).

Thank you for taking the time to read this post, I look forward to your views and opinions.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Kick It Out have gone way down in my estimation after disgracefully trying to pin racist motives on the sacking of CH. Subsequently forced to apologise. Obviously. They've done themselves a disservice there.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Were we not the only team in the 92 to have a black first team manager, a black ladies head coach, and a black men’s first team coach. And STILL, the positively racist people employed to speak on behalf of KIO, came at BHAFC with vindictive uninformed views. Which had to be withdrawn under unreserved public apology, pending legal action from the owner and chairman.

KIO will have lost face and respect in front of thousands for their disgraceful comments on this episode. And, rather than promoting balance and diversity in the game at all levels, they have proven themselves to be a nasty bunch of people crawling over every decision and every action of OTHERS (rather than themselves) trying to find a racist angle to have a moan about.

Badly backfired for them this time. It wouldn’t have taken much research at all to see that we had BAME leaders right across the top of our senior football coaching team.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Useless survey given there is no back button.

Have you have witnessed or experienced racism, but the question omits the time period, so gave up

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Done

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
KIO lost a lot of credibility with their lies following the sacking of Chris Hughton. Quite frankly, they can do one.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Possibly not the response the OP was expecting

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Useless survey given there is no back button.

Have you have witnessed or experienced racism, but the question omits the time period, so gave up

In my experience it is extraordinarily easy to make a crap survey. I have been involved for two years with some people in industry in my sector whose curiosity and willingness to ask questions whose possible answers have no chance of providing any sort of meaningful inference. My suspicion is that people who feel a need to create surveys as part of their research are the least equipped to do so.

As for the recent KIO fail over Hughton (and I hadn't read they have apologised - I see now they have https://talksport.com/football/543447/kick-it-out-apologise-brighton-chris-hughton-sack/), I blame stupidity and laziness rather than racism. You need to be a bit of a masterpiece to not check basic facts in your realm of remit when an error of judgement this monumental will make you look an utter plum, incompetant and self-serving. If the KIO CEO has the brains and balls of Tony Bloom, there will be a sacking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here