Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Good Omens

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
A bit surprised there's been no thread on this - I thought there were quite a few Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman fans on here.

I, on the other hand, have never read anything by TP or NG, so had no pre-conceived ideas but I rather enjoyed it. David Tennant and Michael Sheen were obviously having a whale of a time but not to the detriment of the story,

I know that fans of the book have been a bit scathing about it but I thought it was rather fun. I look forward to the watching it all.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Gonna watch it later, or some of it, if I have time before the CLF. I loved the book, read it first travelling around Morocco in the 90's. My mates in our van were often startled as random explosions of laughter served as a light relief from the rather scary driving conditions.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Never read any of their books, started to watch it yesterday. It looks like a lot of the stuff on prime as in a slow starter.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
but I rather enjoyed it. David Tennant and Michael Sheen were obviously having a whale of a time but not to the detriment of the story,

I know that fans of the book have been a bit scathing about it but I thought it was rather fun. I look forward to the watching it all.

It was rather enjoyable wasn't it. Think it will be a slow burner but that's OK, they've given it enough time to do it justice. The partnership between the BBC and Amazon seems to work with the BBC doing what it does well and Amazon providing the funding. I liked the nun's quote "You should name him Damien................."

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
It's been a while since I read the book, but I enjoyed it. Some top names and some sharp gags. Looking forward to making my way through the rest of the series.
I've read pretty much everything Pratchett wrote, and loved the vast majority of it. The only books I didn't really get into were the Long Earth series.

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I watched the first episode. I like Michael Sheen and David Tennant, so enjoy them and their performances. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I am surprised that I have never read a Pratchett book before, will try one after I finish my current book.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here