Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] David Gold vs TB (and other fun sightings)

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
In one car journey tonight I’m pretty sure I saw the talented mr Potter and our once rumoured potential owner mr David Gold, some 15 miles apart.

The former was being dropped off outside the salt rooms in town (accuracy of sighting rating 75%), the latter was having a nice meal in Hurstpierpoint (accuracy of sighting rating 100%).

The potential sighting of Potter was a momentary excitement.

The definite sighting of gold was thought provoking.

He arrived in one hell of a blinged up rolls, monogrammed upholstery, driver (who waited in the car obviously) and proper look at me number plates.

Got me thinking that once upon a pre-TB era, some thought Gold would be the answer to getting the Amex built and taking the Albion forward, as he is known to live in GOSBTS.

This has only strengthened my feelings that we are wildly fortunate to have a billionaire chairman who takes the train to away games, who is clearly a fan and who has married business acumen with fan values (most of the time).

Here’s a photo to prove that my waffle is not entirely b******s!

08176a6b2260d340aafc1e0fdc8625b8.jpg

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
In one car journey tonight I’m pretty sure I saw the talented mr Potter and our once rumoured potential owner mr David Gold, some 15 miles apart.

The former was being dropped off outside the salt rooms in town (accuracy of sighting rating 75%), the latter was having a nice meal in Hurstpierpoint (accuracy of sighting rating 100%).

He arrived in one hell of a blinded up rolls, monogrammed upholstery, driver (who waited in the car obviously) and proper look at me number plates.

Got me thinking that once upon a pre-TB era, some thought Gold would be the answer to getting the Amex built and taking the Albion forward, as he is known to live in GOSBTS.

This has only strengthened my feelings that we are wildly fortunate to have a billionaire chairman who takes the train to away games. Who is clearly a fan, who has married business acumen with fan values (most of the time).

Surely the D should come after GOLD :shrug:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I thought I saw Sean Bean in Brighton today.
On closer inspection I realised it wasn’t him.
Which famous people have you thought you have seen but were mistaken.

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
I thought I saw Sean Bean in Brighton today.
On closer inspection I realised it wasn’t him.
Which famous people have you thought you have seen but were mistaken.

No occurrences of mistaken identity but I once met Ian Brown (a hero of my Stone Roses obsessed youth). Unfortunately I was so banjoed that all I could do was squeek and offer my little finger as a handshake. I know the cliche is never meet your idols but I think that night it was more a case of never meet your fans....

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've never seen Sid Little or anyone that looks like him.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

He arrived in one hell of a blinged up rolls, monogrammed upholstery, driver (who waited in the car obviously) and proper look at me number plates.

This has only strengthened my feelings that we are wildly fortunate to have a billionaire chairman who takes the train to away games, who is clearly a fan and who has married business acumen with fan values (most of the time).

Pretty sure TB has a nice little motor with a private plate, L122 ARD.

Edit. Or maybe that's someone else's motor I saw near the training ground. :shrug:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Gérard Depardieu can be seen regularly in Eastbourne.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...

So the reg number on his car is B1FFA?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I once saw Jonathan Dimbleby In Eastbourne and Will Self in Brighton.

I even also sat with David Beckham and Gary Neville on a train before they were famous.

Best of all, I once passed Adam Chicksen and his girlfriend in Churchill Square.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I was up in that there Laarnden once walking down Oxford Street when I saw someone who didn't look remotely like Victoria Beckham! This was made even more coincidental by the fact that I popped into Starbucks and the bloke behind the counter didn't look like David Beckham, I couldn't stop talking about it all day.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We came out of The Natural History Museum as a well know actor type was walking in.

Mid 50's, sandy hair, quite a 'droopy' face.
Normally plays someone posh or high up in the military.
Dunno his name.

I'll try and think of something else, as interesting as that, over night.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I saw Mark Heap in Macknade (a lovely fruit veg and meat store) in Fav last week. But Mrst T says it wasn't him. Odd because Mr Heap does live in Faversham. Apparently.

heap.jpg

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I once met a bloke who looked exactly like Steve Coogan at an illegal party underneath a Caribbean restaurant in Sheffield.

He was off his nut and enjoying a dance with some fit birds at about 2am.

Turned out it was Steve Coogan.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I've met Juan Mata and Rachael Stevens in ibiza. I pretended I didn't know who Mata and his super model wife were as my ex offered to take a photo for them both together. I just stood there acting like they were wasting our time whilst my ex took their photo.

The Rachael Stevens encounter was a bit odd. Firstly, I'd just put some strange liquid on my tongue which had a very colourful effect on my perception of life, then my lick arse mate spotted her in a perfumery and wanted a photo with her, so I volunteered to take the photo. Being in the frame of mind I was in, I took it as a chance to pretend to be an obsessed fan of her superior musical talent. I must've been there for at least 3/4 minutes holding the camera before I took the snap. In that time I told her she inspired me to play the guitar. I told her my whole house is covered with pictures of her all over it, even in my kids bedrooms. I asked her if S Club 7 will ever reform and I also told her she's the reincarnated female version of John Lennon. She was clearly thinking "this guy is amazing" whilst she waited for me to take the photo.
The odd bit was that she didn't say bye?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here