Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How do all these non-STH global fans get tickets for CL Final?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
StubHub and Viagogo and a fair few private sellers online. As long as you pay by PayPal you will be insured. I bought pacman v Mayweather tickets direct from stubhubs Vegas office 3 hours before the fight, face value !!

Average cheapest price over the last week has been about 2k. Was very tempted as Mrs Liverpool fan but decided against in the end as despite the hype it's not that big of an event, I'm sure Liverpool will get to the final again in the next few years .....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They've just said on the radio that "thousands will be watching in the fan areas set up around the city".

Thought it would be a bit daft not to do that and miss out on selling thousands of pints to the English.
Ian Abrahams said there wouldn't be a couple of days ago. Thought it was odd. Unlike him to be wrong [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I saw on Sky Sports News yesterday that there wasn't an actual typical fan zone (like in most big finals and tournaments) which fans thought was daft. Not only does it ruin the atmosphere but its harder to police as you got large groups of fans scattered all over the place instead of being contained.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
On the news they spoke to long lost Spurs fans in Madrid, who’d travelled from Australia and NZ.

Tickets were bought from (tracing it back) to Spurs s/t holders who’d sold on for colossal profits. [Both Spurs and Liverpool say they’ll ban such s/t holders, with the card removed].

In addition we know that loads of folk in the UEFA football ‘family’ and sponsors, also sell their tickets for a huge gain.

Always been the way, including at FA Cup finals, Euro and WC tournaments.

Those with money will always find a way!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I saw on Sky Sports News yesterday that there wasn't an actual typical fan zone (like in most big finals and tournaments) which fans thought was daft. Not only does it ruin the atmosphere but its harder to police as you got large groups of fans scattered all over the place instead of being contained.
They've just said on the radio that "thousands will be watching in the fan areas set up around the city".

Thought it would be a bit daft not to do that and miss out on selling thousands of pints to the English.
https://www.thelocal.es/20190531/ch...-will-be-no-big-screen-broadcast-of-live-game

Wonder if this was the PR ploy to discourage people from travelling. Seems as though there are club-specific zones being set up.

I'm going to miss the game completely, will be on a bloody plane at the time [emoji53]

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I've know a couple of mates who are out there, one got a ticket and the other missed your by 1 loyalty point :cry:
It's still worth going without a ticket just to be a part of it, the atmosphere around the city today will be immense

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Mastercard dishing out tickets to any one that wants them in London Financial world (Not actual fans !)
Is the correct answer. They allocate them to other Banks they do business with like HSBC, Allied Irish Bank, Santander, Barclays, Lloyds TSB and the list goes on. They all get 50 to 100 each. Then the banks either give them to staff at the Top or openly ballot them within each organisation around the World.

Whoever gets them and wants to go then goes or they flog them on

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Is the correct answer. They allocate them to other Banks they do business with like HSBC, Allied Irish Bank, Santander, Barclays, Lloyds TSB and the list goes on. They all get 50 to 100 each. Then the banks either give them to staff at the Top or openly ballot them within each organisation around the World.

Whoever gets them and wants to go then goes or they flog them on

Anyway you look at it, this is just wrong when they're taking the seat of die hard fans.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I agree but MasterCard will claim they pump Billions into the Competition

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here