Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Macclesfield Town FC realistic video.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
One Christmas with the family we rented a house in Ashburton. My dad and I were looking for a reason to escape on Boxing Day so took in Macclesfield v Lincoln.

Excellent experience all round.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Alien territory for many of our newly acquired jcl Amex era fans, but I’m sure there’s a good few NSCers who visited Moss Rose back in the day.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Wonder how many other people on here travelled up to the away game at Macclesfield in January 1998? The match was postponed a couple of hours before kick-off due to a waterlogged pitch, but we didn't realise until we'd actually got to the ground. Had an afternoon to kill, so visited Ian Curtis's grave at the local cemetary, and then retired to the pub next to the station with about a dozen other Albion fans, all waiting for our pre-booked trains home.

Still haven't seen a match there!

Last edited:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Wonder how many other people on here travelled up to the away game at Macclesfield in January 1998? The match was postponed a couple of hours before kick-off due to a waterlogged pitch, but we didn't realise until we'd actually got to the ground. Had an afternoon to kill, so visited Ian Curtis's grave at the local cemetary, and then retired to the pub next to the station with about a dozen other Albion fans, all waiting for our pre-booked trains home.

Still haven't seen a match there!

We went to Pride Park instead I think. I did manage one game there though. The worst toilets I’ve ever been in, two inches of piss on the floor and no working lights.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We went to Pride Park instead I think. I did manage one game there though. The worst toilets I’ve ever been in, two inches of piss on the floor and no working lights.

Least you got inside them. Brisbane road around turn of the century hundreds of us had to go behind the main stand. The almost solitary sit down hut looked like the black hole of Calcutta. I feared for any fan needing a shit that day. Would have needed Brian Hanrahan there “I counted them go in, and I counted them all come back out again”

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Saw us draw at Macclesfield many moons ago, but worst toilets were Chester when we drew to go second in the 3rd Division and were promoted home to Bristol Rovers a few days later. Four piss stained walls open to the elements and in one corner - a pile of sh@t, scrote high, steaming and alive with infinite buzzing blue bottles! They moved grounds shortly after.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Same as this ^. Derby v Southampton in the FA cup. I always thought it was postponed for wind damage to the roof of their main stand.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Saw a draw there at an evening game around 2000, we scored a (late I think) penalty and the couple hundred Brighton went wild as it was at our end. After the game a lady taxi driver stopped by me and asked what the score was, 'One all' I replied. She then had a little think and added hopefully, 'To the Mac?' :ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here