Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Richie Towell joins Salford City

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Pretty poor from Albion that they haven't made any announcement about Towell and Hemed yet. Towell has spent three-and-a-half years at the club (albeit much of it out on loan) and he was signed as a first-team squad member. Hemed has been an Albion player for 4 years and was an integral member of the Championship promotion-winning squad. I think the least they (and Albion's fans) deserve is a formal announcement of their contract status (and a thank you for their service).

Indeed, very odd.

Maybe something underlying? The same reason maybe we haven’t heard anything about Hemed yet. Perhaps GP wants to give everyone a chance and asked everyone to come back to have a look but Towell said no and went anyway which might have pissed the club off.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Pretty poor from Albion that they haven't made any announcement about Towell and Hemed yet. Towell has spent three-and-a-half years at the club (albeit much of it out on loan) and he was signed as a first-team squad member. Hemed has been an Albion player for 4 years and was an integral member of the Championship promotion-winning squad. I think the least they (and Albion's fans) deserve is a formal announcement of their contract status (and a thank you for their service).

You might be jumping the gun, AZ. Perhaps Potter wants to take a good look at Hemed before making a decision.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Agreed. Not even a 'Good luck, Richie' tweet. That's poor.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He should do well there. Surely it is just a matter of time before an announcement about Hemed future which I would think will be elsewhere. I am more interested in both Kayal and Knockaert plus Button and Steele and their future.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bear in mind that Salford have deeper pockets than any League 2 club has ever had. They've got to be pushing for promotion again next season. They bought Adam Rooney in from the Scottish Premier League on big money and they won't be shy about spending a bit of cash on players they think will get them out of League 2 and then compete in League 1. In theory, Towell should be a good signing for them and should be a class above in League 2. For him, it's a bit strange to play in the 4th tier but if it goes well for him there, a couple of years time he could be playing regularly in the Championship without having to move clubs. And I'm sure they're paying him a solid whack, so why not. Good luck to the man.

This :thumbsup:

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
You might be jumping the gun, AZ. Perhaps Potter wants to take a good look at Hemed before making a decision.

Cant imagine he will need to do this, as he has copious dvds etc to show what he could offer. if he was staying we would have wrapped it up ages ago. he now needs to get settled at a new club and with the very best wishes from the club to boot.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Cant imagine he will need to do this, as he has copious dvds etc to show what he could offer. if he was staying we would have wrapped it up ages ago. he now needs to get settled at a new club and with the very best wishes from the club to boot.

By take a good look I mean look into his eyes, talk to the man.....the idea is that Potter is expected to get better out of the players we have....anyone can watch video reels...

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
By take a good look I mean look into his eyes, talk to the man.....the idea is that Potter is expected to get better out of the players we have....anyone can watch video reels...

agreed, however in fairness to players out of contract they will need to get themselves sorted out and not wait on the summer to hear if they will or wont be kept on. TH will have had his agent working behind the scenes as all players would/will to get the best deal for him (not necessarily GP or Brighton)

Jul 7, 2003
Rotherham fan I know thought he would sign for them but was concerned his wage demands would be too high.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
How many times did he play for us in the first team? It can't be more than 5 surely?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've been guilty of this myself, but the focus on players in the 25 man squad has tended to ignore money we have spent / wasted / recouped on other players.

Many are saying Ali J and Locadia need to be shipped out. Rumours persist around Duffy and Propper. And yet.....

This is good business for the Albion. Someone who didn't work out off the wage bill. Need to do the same with Suttner, Hemed and Schelotto and I'd bin off Steele for one of the U23 keepers as well.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Hemed played in both matches v Swansea last season, a 3-0 defeat at the Liberty but scored twice in a 4-0 win at Loftus Rd, so GP will be aware of his ability.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Perhaps GP wants to give everyone a chance and asked everyone to come back to have a look but Towell said no and went anyway which might have pissed the club off.

“Hi Richie, Brighton here. I know your contract’s finished and you’re no longer our player but would you mind coming in for pre-season in a few weeks time just in case our new manager fancies you. We’re not offering you a contract at the moment and probably won’t as the best you’ve done is Rotherham since going out on loan.”
“What! You’re going to agree a contract you’ve actually been offered! How dare you!”
Can’t see it myself.

(Sorry for the sarcasm but I’ve been drinking!)

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2019/may/towell-bids-farewell-to-albion/ They have now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here