Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Richie Towell joins Salford City

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
As per title. Strange move for him. All about the money I would guess.

Two year contract. Surprised he hasn’t stayed at Rotherham as he stated in January that’s where he wanted to be.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Short career for a footballer you've got to grab the wages when you can

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Work mate is Rotherham season ticket holder, reckoned Towell was utter gash at League One level but was one of their best performers last year in the Championship.

Strange he now thinks league 2 is his level.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Bear in mind that Salford have deeper pockets than any League 2 club has ever had. They've got to be pushing for promotion again next season. They bought Adam Rooney in from the Scottish Premier League on big money and they won't be shy about spending a bit of cash on players they think will get them out of League 2 and then compete in League 1. In theory, Towell should be a good signing for them and should be a class above in League 2. For him, it's a bit strange to play in the 4th tier but if it goes well for him there, a couple of years time he could be playing regularly in the Championship without having to move clubs. And I'm sure they're paying him a solid whack, so why not. Good luck to the man.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Bear in mind that Salford have deeper pockets than any League 2 club has ever had. They've got to be pushing for promotion again next season. They bought Adam Rooney in from the Scottish Premier League on big money and they won't be shy about spending a bit of cash on players they think will get them out of League 2 and then compete in League 1. In theory, Towell should be a good signing for them and should be a class above in League 2. For him, it's a bit strange to play in the 4th tier but if it goes well for him there, a couple of years time he could be playing regularly in the Championship without having to move clubs. And I'm sure they're paying him a solid whack, so why not. Good luck to the man.

This.

I’ll be following his career with interest.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Indeed.

Currently 12/1 for the L2 title next season.

I suspect those odds will be a little skinnier by the end of the transfer window.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Yes all of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Pretty poor from Albion that they haven't made any announcement about Towell and Hemed yet. Towell has spent three-and-a-half years at the club (albeit much of it out on loan) and he was signed as a first-team squad member. Hemed has been an Albion player for 4 years and was an integral member of the Championship promotion-winning squad. I think the least they (and Albion's fans) deserve is a formal announcement of their contract status (and a thank you for their service).

LVGull

May 13, 2016
As per title. Strange move for him. All about the money I would guess.

Two year contract. Surprised he hasn’t stayed at Rotherham as he stated in January that’s where he wanted to be.

He will exceed in League 2. Unlike our wet flannels last year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here