Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] O/T - Online source for large garden planters?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I need to get large planters (perhaps sleepers-based, but not necessarily). In total I need enough to cover 12m. I want them roughly 1m wide and maybe 75-100cm deep. I'm thinking 4 or 5 separate planters.

I need them in a hurry (ish) - 2 weeks - so I doubt I have enough time to get them bespoke made.

Does anyone have any suggestions for online sources where they'll deliver (ideally ready made, not flat pack) that they have used and can recommend? I've googled it, and there's loads of places, but I have no clue which, if any, are any good...

TIA for any help

[MENTION=2019]jevs[/MENTION] ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I bought a couple of reasonable wooden planters from Wyevale in Ferring for £70 on spesh. Wooden planters are pretty variable in quality, myself and Mrs V went to Haskins, The Old Barn ( Tates ) ,the one northbound on the A24 in Washington and Wyevale last, some of the prices are ridiculous given the build quality of some of them. So, suggest Wyevale and when you get them home give them a good dose of wood treatment or they will rot through in a year or two....

PS, tried looking online and its even worse ! most garden centre websites are appalling.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
They really are a doddle to make yourself. Wickes (or probably most DIY barns) do everything you need.

Alternatively these people could be the answer - might even be able to do a bespoke option in time https://www.woodblocx.co.uk/

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
You could easily knock some together with a bit of 4x4 and some decking boards, even if you're no good with DIY they'll still be much better quality than most of the crap you can buy in the shop. My missus bought a wooden composter online for £60 as I was really busy at work at the time. It was just a box of cheap pine that will rot in no time unless I keep treating it.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
They really are a doddle to make yourself. Wickes (or probably most DIY barns) do everything you need.

Alternatively these people could be the answer - might even be able to do a bespoke option in time https://www.woodblocx.co.uk/

You've never seen my DIY, I assume? I'm ok with flat pack furniture, basic electrics, and I can change a tap...but that's about it. I did a bit of plastering once and when the plasterer came to do it properly he said "Bloody hell, have you plastered a pregnant woman against your wall?" Harsh, but fair.

Thx for the link!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I need to get large planters (perhaps sleepers-based, but not necessarily). In total I need enough to cover 12m. I want them roughly 1m wide and maybe 75-100cm deep. I'm thinking 4 or 5 separate planters.

I need them in a hurry (ish) - 2 weeks - so I doubt I have enough time to get them bespoke made.

Does anyone have any suggestions for online sources where they'll deliver (ideally ready made, not flat pack) that they have used and can recommend? I've googled it, and there's loads of places, but I have no clue which, if any, are any good...

TIA for any help

[MENTION=2019]jevs[/MENTION] ?

https://www.harrodhorticultural.com/search.html?q=Large+garden+planters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

That sure is some cash to pay for something you leave outside to rot ! I'm in the wrong business !

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
You've never seen my DIY, I assume? I'm ok with flat pack furniture, basic electrics, and I can change a tap...but that's about it. I did a bit of plastering once and when the plasterer came to do it properly he said "Bloody hell, have you plastered a pregnant woman against your wall?" Harsh, but fair.

Thx for the link!

Being a DIY disaster myself I know exactly what you mean.

For the sizes you are looking it is going to be a good few quid and if you can find a good chippy, I would think he'd knock them up in half a day. Once you add in materials, I would think the cost would be similar but the finished product far better and you can get exactly what you want ?

And even I could put on a couple of coats of creosote :wink:

*edit* Reading that back, I'm not volunteering, I'm suggesting that maybe within your limited DIY skills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here