Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Poor Aussies

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
For the first time ever after many years of applying in the ballot I've managed to bag 2 tickets to day 4 of the Ashes test at Lords!! I can't wait to fill my lungs and boo the convict cheats at every opportunity.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Yeah, but it wasn't Langer who was querying that the bail had come off - it was Gillespie and Gilchrist who were doing that and I don't think they knew that Langer had flicked it. I'd be shocked if Gilchrist did - he was one of the most honest of cricketers

As the commentator said "it was something a bit childish" and it was someone behaving like a prat rather being a cheat.

Hmm, don't think so. Why would he deliberately lift the bail off if he didn't want there to be some sort of issue? He knew he had done it - so why when it was queried did he not say 'ha, ha, it was just me being a larrikin'? I can see no other reason than because it was deliberate and he was hoping to gain an advantage (get the batsman out).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm always happy to join in some Aussie bashing but that looks a bit desperate. That was neither gamesmanship or cheating. A bail had come off and the Aussies just questioned it - it was quickly cleared up.
A bail had come off? He deliberately knocked it off.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes, it was a blatant attempt at cheating.
"They are human beings, that's the truth - and that's what I find the hardest.

I'm a dad and a lot of the time the kids see it. You feel for them personally and they are going to have to have thick skins.

But I'd be disappointed by any player being booed at any cricket ground, regardless of what country they play for. It's never a good look when that happens."

**** off you double standards cheating ****!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
"They are human beings, that's the truth - and that's what I find the hardest.

I'm a dad and a lot of the time the kids see it. You feel for them personally and they are going to have to have thick skins.

But I'd be disappointed by any player being booed at any cricket ground, regardless of what country they play for. It's never a good look when that happens."

**** off you double standards cheating ****!
Can't wait to boo the double standards, cheating scumbags.

As the Jarod Kimber article perfectly explained, they are simply bullies. They dish it out and then cry to mummy when they get some back.

The imaginary "line" that's crossed is of their own making and one which clearly means that abusing Jonny Bairstow about his father's suicide is on the right side of the line but proven cheats being booed by a crowd is on the other.

Pathetic.

Lehman's comments about Broad perfectly encapsuled the Aussie way. Basically "we'd never walk but he should have so we should give him dog's abuse and make him cry". What sort of warped logic is that?

They've pushed the envelope for decades and now they're getting a taste of their own medicine. Good.

Suck it up boys. Suck it up.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
**** Langer, **** Smith, **** Warner and **** ****ing Bancroft.

Just add 'whiny little ****ing hypocrites' to 'cheats'. 'Spirit of the ****ing game'? Where was the spirit of the game in Capetown? Was Langer worried about the spirit of the game when Broad was getting slaughtered by the Aussie crowds? What about when the Aussie players were actively trying to hasten the mental disintegration of Jonathon Trott?

Incredible lack of self-awareness. Warner most especially wouldn't recognise the spirit of the ****ing game if it punched him in the face.

Absolute pricks.

Absolutely spot on. The country that took sledging to a different level. Alright when it's them dishing it out but when they are on the receiving end of it whinge like ****. They have the nerve to call us whinging poms. Hope they get bucket loads. Cheats.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I imagine this will nip it all in the bud, and no right-minded English cricket fan will boo these poor unfortunate victims of circumstance any more.

Well, it will either be that, or the booing of the ****ing cheats will ramp up a notch or two.

One or the other...

Ihaven't mentioned sandpapergate to my esteemed convict colleagues for a while now.

This article will ensure that i don't start mentioning it again on Monday morning at the earliest opportunity.

Thank you Langer, you keep loading the bullets, I am more than happy to fire them.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Aussie changing room: "Forget the sledging and abuse over the next three months. This is our Homebase now."

Wa+ker: "Ahh! So you remembered the sandpaper then?" :wink:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Looks like you've got a real star there, and one that follows in the proud English tradition of importing talent :p.

Might be a controversial thing to say, but for the Ashes I'd suggest you go with Anderson + Archer + whoever of Wood, S.Curran, Woakes is both fit and in form for the Ashes. Take the opportunity to say goodbye to Broad - you'll have a stronger batting line up, and with both Anderson and Broad getting close to retirement it's probably a good idea to try to separate out when they go. Broad's been inconsistent for a while now (periodically match-winning brilliant interspersed with periods of uselessness). Get rid now, get what you can out of Anderson until he chooses to go, and blood the young fellas alongside him.
Spot on with that.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Spot on with that.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Difficult one with Broad. He’s still a top performer and worthy of a place in the team. But with he and Anderson nearing the end it makes sense to break their partnership so we don’t lose both together.

A 4 man pace attack of Anderson, Archer, Wood and one of Broad, Woakes and Curran is an exciting prospect and with a packed schedule I’m sure that squad of quicks will all get used.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Yeah, but it wasn't Langer who was querying that the bail had come off - it was Gillespie and Gilchrist who were doing that and I don't think they knew that Langer had flicked it. I'd be shocked if Gilchrist did - he was one of the most honest of cricketers

As the commentator said "it was something a bit childish" and it was someone behaving like a prat rather being a cheat.

But it was Langer who deliberately flipped the bail off whilst passing the stumps. It was his actions & integrity I was questioning. I give Gilchrist, Gillespie and others who may not have witnessed Langer's action the benefit of the doubt for sure.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
http://https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/23778598

Let’s just remember this comment from 2013.

Australia coach Darren Lehmann has called on fans to make England's Stuart Broad "cry" over his "blatant cheating" in the first Ashes Test.

Broad was criticised for deciding not to walk after edging Ashton Agar to slip via keeper Brad Haddin's gloves.

More from Lehmann's interview
Triple M presenter: "The big news is that idiot Broad has finally come out and admitted what we knew, that it came off the centre. He's admitted he's done it on the eve of the Test after they've won the Test series, is he going to cop a bit of action when he comes to the crease?"

Lehmann: "He's been copping it all series, mate. I expect it will continue for a long time yet and I would hope the public get stuck into him when he gets out to Australia. I hope he whinges a lot."

Presenter: "I can't wait. He won't want to be fielding on the third man boundary, I reckon."

Lehmann: "The whole of Australia can help there, which I'm looking forward to."

"I hope the Australian public give it to him right from the word go for the whole [Australian] summer," he said.

"And I hope he cries and goes home. I don't advocate walking, but when you hit it to first slip it's pretty hard.”

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
They have always been a horrible bunch of loud mouth uncouth wankers so I hope they get true shite chucked at them.

And I hope someones pokes that **** Ponting in his little currant eyes.

The problem we have is we are too nice lets give as good and even better as we get.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
http://https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/23778598

Let’s just remember this comment from 2013.

Australia coach Darren Lehmann has called on fans to make England's Stuart Broad "cry" over his "blatant cheating" in the first Ashes Test.

Broad was criticised for deciding not to walk after edging Ashton Agar to slip via keeper Brad Haddin's gloves.

More from Lehmann's interview
Triple M presenter: "The big news is that idiot Broad has finally come out and admitted what we knew, that it came off the centre. He's admitted he's done it on the eve of the Test after they've won the Test series, is he going to cop a bit of action when he comes to the crease?"

Lehmann: "He's been copping it all series, mate. I expect it will continue for a long time yet and I would hope the public get stuck into him when he gets out to Australia. I hope he whinges a lot."

Presenter: "I can't wait. He won't want to be fielding on the third man boundary, I reckon."

Lehmann: "The whole of Australia can help there, which I'm looking forward to."

"I hope the Australian public give it to him right from the word go for the whole [Australian] summer," he said.

"And I hope he cries and goes home. I don't advocate walking, but when you hit it to first slip it's pretty hard.”
What a ****. I must admit that I enjoyed watching him crying when he quit.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
They have always been a horrible bunch of loud mouth uncouth wankers so I hope they get true shite chucked at them.

And I hope someones pokes that **** Ponting in his little currant eyes.

The problem we have is we are too nice lets give as good and even better as we get.

Well said. As for Ricky, off you go son. ��
ricky-ponting-walks-off-having-been-run-out-at-trent-bridge-data.jpg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well said. As for Ricky, off you go son. ��
View attachment 110650

Great moment.

Simon Jones was actually off the field for legitimate reasons.

The fact that England had bussed in one of the best cover fielders in the country is neither here nor there :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here