Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Poor Aussies

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I think Justin Langer needs to have a word with himself after this interview.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_...warner?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

First of all, they cheated ..... so booing is always likely, as long as it doesn’t become abusive.

Secondly in the article he says about how booing isn’t in the spirit of the game, now on face value he is probably right but bearing in mind the circumstances of why they were banned I do believe he is an idiot to make that comment.

Finally as the article says the Aussies have actively promoted abusing players (Broad) and now the shoe is on the other foot they don’t seem to like it.

Poor sausage !!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
**** Langer, **** Smith, **** Warner and **** ****ing Bancroft.

Just add 'whiny little ****ing hypocrites' to 'cheats'. 'Spirit of the ****ing game'? Where was the spirit of the game in Capetown? Was Langer worried about the spirit of the game when Broad was getting slaughtered by the Aussie crowds? What about when the Aussie players were actively trying to hasten the mental disintegration of Jonathon Trott?

Incredible lack of self-awareness. Warner most especially wouldn't recognise the spirit of the ****ing game if it punched him in the face.

Absolute pricks.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Just add 'whiny little ****ing hypocrites' to 'cheats'. 'Spirit of the ****ing game'? Where was the spirit of the game in Capetown? Was Langer worried about the spirit of the game when Broad was getting slaughtered by the Aussie crowds? What about when the Aussie players were actively trying to hasten the mental disintegration of Jonathon Trott?

Incredible lack of self-awareness. Warner most especially wouldn't recognise the spirit of the ****ing game if it punched him in the face.

Absolute pricks.

Top rant. Spot on.

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
I think it needs to be noted that the consensus amongst pundits /ex-pros is that there is no way the australian bowlers and management would have been unaware of the cheating. Smith, Warner and Bancroft were just the fall guys.

So any booing should be directed at the whole team not just them.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Suck it up, buttercups :wrong::wrong:

Can you IMAGINE if the situation was reversed? England players would be getting absolute PELTERS from the convicts all summer long!

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Absolute pricks.
This. 100%.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If they're upset by the booing at Southampton, just wait until the Ashes get going.

Given the ban on milkshakes during the EU Elections, will there be a ban on sandpaper around the ashes venues

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think it needs to be noted that the consensus amongst pundits /ex-pros is that there is no way the australian bowlers and management would have been unaware of the cheating. Smith, Warner and Bancroft were just the fall guys.

So any booing should be directed at the whole team not just them.

I agree that a wider group are culpable. In no way though can you diminish the role of the three key players as 'just fall guys'.

Bancroft was an experienced pro, who took sandpaper onto the field and interfered with the match ball. HE did that. Should never play again IMO, let alone be invited to CAPTAIN a bloody County side. Seriously Durham - have you NO shame?

The other two were the captain and vice-captain of their national side. If they are not primarily responsible for the SPIRIT of the game, and of the conduct of their players, who is? :shrug:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I imagine this will nip it all in the bud, and no right-minded English cricket fan will boo these poor unfortunate victims of circumstance any more.

Well, it will either be that, or the booing of the ****ing cheats will ramp up a notch or two.

One or the other...

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I much prefer the idea of greeting Warner and Smith with absolute silence. These egos feed of the attention, so starve them of it.

No boos. No abuse. Just nothing. Beneath contempt.

#Silence4Steve

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Australian’s have always been very good at dishing it out and then play the moral indignation card when they get some back....this article sums it up quite well.

http://www.thecricketmonthly.com/story/1181098/the-ugly-australian--the-evolution-of-a-cricket-species

Indeed. When we won The Ashes in 2015, there were two Aussies in my office. One of them was a really decent bloke who dished it out, and took it well when I dished it out. The other was a complete and utter CJTC who loved dishing it out, but got all sensitive and upset when we gave it back to him. Guess which one got given the most shit :lolol:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The Barmy Army, and the rest of the England fans will give it out way better than an Aussie crowd could ever manage. Don’t get me wrong, nearly all cricket players tamper with the ball but the golden rule is ‘don’t get caught’.

Langer, Smith, Warner etc should be harangued at every opportunity with quality sledging and comedy songs. And from a personal point of view it will be even more fun when they get it down here too from ex pats and the Barmy Army. And they call us whingers? :lol:

Stumpy Tim

Absolute pricks.

Let's not forget their sledging of Bairstow about his Dad's suicide.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Don’t get me wrong, nearly all cricket players tamper with the ball but the golden rule is ‘don’t get caught’.

Sorry, but that is simply untrue. Not with a foreign object, brought onto the field specifically to alter its state.

Shining the ball - scuffing the ball - even picking at the seam - these are things that go on. Some legitimate, some pushing the boundaries.

But there are lines that you don't cross. That nobody who understands or cherishes the spirit of the game of cricket, would EVER consider crossing. The 'golden rule' is 'don't be a cheating ****'.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Absolute pricks.

Ill put you down as “undecided” then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here