Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Musicians/artists you’ve seen in multiple different guises.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m going to see The Good, The Bad, The Queen on Sunday. I have seen Damon Albarn as Blur, Gorillaz, solo, TGTBTQ and also seen his two operas. That’s 5

I’ve seen Nick Cave with the Bad Seeds, solo, acoustic*, in conversation and as Grinderman. Also 5.

Which artists have done more? Johnny Marr comes to mind.

Have you seen anyone more?

* the loudest acoustic show I have ever witnessed.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Victoria Beckham:
Spice Girls
Solo artist
True Steppers with Dane Bowers
Unfortunately I've never had the opportunity to see any of them yet but I still live in hope.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Robert Smith
In The Glove and Siouxie & The Banshees, both for a short time early 80s. I didn’t literally see him performing for them though.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
One I have seen is Neil Halstead, performing solo (a couple of times) as Mojave 3 a couple of times and seen twice in Slowdive.
I can repeat the above for Rachel Goswell! Solo and in above bands! I have also seen her perform in a Zephyrs song when they supported Mojave 3. She is also in Minor Victories (sort of a supergroup with members of Editors and Mogwai). She’s just started another band with her husband so may check them out too.
Neil Halstead also in Black Hearted Brother but not sure they ever toured.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Phil Collins Solo
Phil Collins as part of Genesis

Mike Rutherford as part of Mike and the Mechanics
Mike Rutherford as part of Genesis

Brovion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
Martin Cooper (often billed as Martin Fish)

Fish Brothers
Barnstormer
Spaz and Dave*
Cooper and Blonde

*After the sad death of Chas Hodges they're now know as the Two Runnies

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The only person i've seen in more than one group is Dave Grohl; in the Foo Fighters and Them Crooked Vultures.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Seen Jon Theodore play drums for The Mars Volta, Mini Mansions and Queens of the Stone Age - absolute monster of a drummer.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
One I have seen is Neil Halstead, performing solo (a couple of times) as Mojave 3 a couple of times and seen twice in Slowdive.
I can repeat the above for Rachel Goswell! Solo and in above bands! I have also seen her perform in a Zephyrs song when they supported Mojave 3. She is also in Minor Victories (sort of a supergroup with members of Editors and Mogwai). She’s just started another band with her husband so may check them out too.
Neil Halstead also in Black Hearted Brother but not sure they ever toured.

Snap – pretty much. I've seen Slowdive, Mojave 3 and a solo gig by Rachel when she released Waves Are Universal.

Tanya Donelly and Kristin Hersh also achieve that hat-trick for me. Seen both in Throwing Muses (over 30 times, I was a big fan!), and both solo. Then I've also seen Tanya play as Belly 3 or 4 times, and Kristin as 50 Foot Wave a couple of times. One regret is I never saw Tanya in the first iteration of The Breeders.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Snap – pretty much. I've seen Slowdive, Mojave 3 and a solo gig by Rachel when she released Waves Are Universal.

Tanya Donelly and Kristin Hersh also achieve that hat-trick for me. Seen both in Throwing Muses (over 30 times, I was a big fan!), and both solo. Then I've also seen Tanya play as Belly 3 or 4 times, and Kristin as 50 Foot Wave a couple of times. One regret is I never saw Tanya in the first iteration of The Breeders.

Our tastes must overlap quite a bit! I’ve seen Kristen Hersh solo at Shepherd Bush but never got to see TD/Belly.

RG yes, it was the tour for Waves are universal i saw too. I saw here at the Jazz cafe, Camden. Odd support act too “Songdog” as I recall....

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I have seen Budgie drumming for The Slits, Siouxsie and the Banshees and Jon Grant.

Joe Strummer in The Clash, Solo, The Mescaleros and The Latino Rockabilly War.

Barrie Cadogan in Little Barrie,Primal Scream and with Morrissey.

Mick Jones in The Clash, Big Audio Dynamite and Gorillaz.

Jack White in The White Stripes, The Raconteurs, The Dead Weather and solo.

Gruff Rhys in Super Furry Animals, Neon Neon, solo.

I can't reach five guises (yet) HT. I will think on.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Andy McCoy: Hanoi Rocks, Suicide Twins, Cherry Bombz, Solo and playing guitar for Iggy Pop
Tony James : Generation X, London Cowboys, Sigue Sigue Sputnik, Sisters of Mercy

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Robert Plant with some obscure band called Led Zeppelin at Knebworth
Robert Plant in a pub on the Foleshill Road, Coventry with a band called the Honeydrippers (1950's Rock n' Roll since You asked)
Robert Plant at Wembley Arena with Alison Krauss

Still touring so hopefully see him in the future as well!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I saw her at the Jazz cafe, Camden.

Yeah, that's even the same gig, I'm sure! :)

(TBH, I mostly remember it because I went with a girl who worked at Beggars Banquet. They owned 4AD records and thus Rachel Goswell and Mojave 3. She seemed to know half the people there, and kept introducing me in a really loaded way, which finally clicked when she made a pass at me at the bus stop afterwards. Unfortunately I didn't fancy her at all!)

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
I think the best I can do is 3 incarnations. Joe Strummer : The Clash , The Pogues ( when Shane was " indisposed " for a while ) and The Mescaleros .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here