Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ostigard - Sold To Napoli 18/07/2022

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Thanks for posting that.

Might have a chance here if we sell White (or Webster) for big money - but I think we would rather try and balance up the defence by bringing in a naturally left sided CB (Clarke? Bit early for Roberts; re-invest some of the transfer money?) Like the sound of his heading ability in both boxes though! Sadly, I think this is another lad who will move on without breaking into our first team, without us making much on the deal.
Good luck to him anyway.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
My Coventry supporting mate says he is class and probably too good for them, doesn’t know how he’d do at premiership level but thinks if slowly built in (bench etc, odd game) he’d be ready for 22/23. So if we’re really smart he needs to go to the Brighton and Hove Albion finishing school at Elland Road for a year.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
He’s a very promising player when you think about how white was loaned out going through the leagues progressively this fellas gone straight to a cult followed club in Germany at 19 then into the championship 2 years younger than white if we don’t extend his contract I’d be absolutely flabbergasted

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Thanks for that.
I wasn’t a particular fan of Naylor at the Argus - habit of putting fans down - not going to pay to read his occasional insights as (hopefully) they will be repeated elsewhere in due course

You aren't missing anything. He sometimes comes up with a half decent story, of which this is one, but most of his stuff is mundane.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
You aren't missing anything. He sometimes comes up with a half decent story, of which this is one, but most of his stuff is mundane.

I think he got the gig with The Athletic because he was the only Albion reporter rather than being a good one.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I think he got the gig with The Athletic because he was the only Albion reporter rather than being a good one.

I think you are right. The problem for me is that they have some really excellent stuff on offer which gives an insight into lots of different angles and story lines. However we get Mr Mundane who tells us that we really need a striker or that we create lots of chances but don’t score enough :ffsparr:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think you are right. The problem for me is that they have some really excellent stuff on offer which gives an insight into lots of different angles and story lines. However we get Mr Mundane who tells us that we really need a striker or that we create lots of chances but don’t score enough :ffsparr:

Or more often, that the fans expect too much. Meh!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Yeh have to say he’s a big reason I haven’t done the super cheap subscription deals. Not the most inspiring but was thankful to have something back in the day. Wouldn’t say bad but distinctly average isn’t going to make me part with money and I think the whole point of the Athletic is they’re pushing for amazing to justify it.

As for Ostigaard I think he’s gonna be as good as our current options. But then again Roberts could be too, and Clarke is certainly pushing at Dan Burn level for the 4th option with 3 starting spots. We can’t fit them all in so someone is going to have to move on eventually. At least Roberts is still young but the other 6 need a decision to be made or else a ridiculous 50 million bid to do it for us.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
the other 6 need a decision to be made or else a ridiculous 50 million bid to do it for us.

I'm not wholly convinced we're going to see one this summer. Liverpool were in desperate need of a CB but made no big money bids for one in the last window. Covid has played havoc with clubs' finances. I could wll be wrong but I think the next transfer window may be pretty low key.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Yeh have to say he’s a big reason I haven’t done the super cheap subscription deals. Not the most inspiring but was thankful to have something back in the day. Wouldn’t say bad but distinctly average isn’t going to make me part with money and I think the whole point of the Athletic is they’re pushing for amazing to justify it.

As for Ostigaard I think he’s gonna be as good as our current options. But then again Roberts could be too, and Clarke is certainly pushing at Dan Burn level for the 4th option with 3 starting spots. We can’t fit them all in so someone is going to have to move on eventually. At least Roberts is still young but the other 6 need a decision to be made or else a ridiculous 50 million bid to do it for us.

Personally, with the cheap subscription deals, I find The Athletic worth it. Okay, Naylor's content isn't the best, but a lot of the other stories on there are fantastic.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
I'm not wholly convinced we're going to see one this summer. Liverpool were in desperate need of a CB but made no big money bids for one in the last window. Covid has played havoc with clubs' finances. I could wll be wrong but I think the next transfer window may be pretty low key.

I wouldn’t say low key as I believe there will be loads on frees and it’ll be those prepared to take a drop in wages for the short term to get better pay when things improve. I think this summer will be fascinating in that regard

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Personally, with the cheap subscription deals, I find The Athletic worth it. Okay, Naylor's content isn't the best, but a lot of the other stories on there are fantastic.

Agreed. I got £1 a month for a year and there's often fairly something interesting to read.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Agreed. I got £1 a month for a year and there's often fairly something interesting to read.
Yeah happy with the £1 deal which is great value. It's a bit erratic, some weeks are better than others but some articles are great. Just a shame most of Naylor's stuff is bland and/or club influenced, although he has done some long reads that have been decent. The 08/09 staying up campaign review is good, but he bizarrely neglects Gary Hart's influence. Strange.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Scored for Cov again. Appears a clamour for him to stay. Although #FreeLeo has not yet been doing the rounds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here