Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ostigard - Sold To Napoli 18/07/2022

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
He had an excellent loan at st Pauli, excellent loan at Coventry, a disappointing one at Stoke and then an excellent loan at Genoa, which is what put him on Napoli's radar.

Him and van Hecke were on similar trajectories but Ostigard wasn't willing to wait on our bench (instead opting to wait on Napoli's but at least he got a league title out of it).

Ostigard was always a bit more rough and ready, possibly less skilled in passing but better at the physical side than JPVH.

All in the past now anyway, congrats on the goal Leo, always nice to see our youngsters succeed.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He had an excellent loan at st Pauli, excellent loan at Coventry, a disappointing one at Stoke and then an excellent loan at Genoa, which is what put him on Napoli's radar.

Him and van Hecke were on similar trajectories but Ostigard wasn't willing to wait on our bench (instead opting to wait on Napoli's but at least he got a league title out of it).

Ostigard was always a bit more rough and ready, possibly less skilled in passing but better at the physical side than JPVH.

All in the past now anyway, congrats on the goal Leo, always nice to see our youngsters succeed.
Hear hear! He's also played and scored in the CL as well, which is more than most of our former loanees have done!

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Think it was the opposite and he didn’t want to sit on the bench.

How is that the opposite? He wanted guaranteed playing time rather than fighting for his place like everyone else. Personally I’m quite glad we didn’t let a 21 year old demand a starting spot in what was at the time, the 6th best defence in the Premier League.

Some of the overreactions on this forum are amazing. It’s strange that nobody wanted Ostigard back quite so desperately when he started 4 league games last season or when he got 2 red cards in 15 games for Genoa. He scores a goal & we lose a game and suddenly European Football Expert Dwayne is claiming he could tell Ostigard was the next Maldini from the 0 minutes of football he played for us. :lolol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
How is that the opposite? He wanted guaranteed playing time rather than fighting for his place like everyone else. Personally I’m quite glad we didn’t let a 21 year old demand a starting spot in what was at the time, the 6th best defence in the Premier League.

Some of the overreactions on this forum are amazing. It’s strange that nobody wanted Ostigard back quite so desperately when he started 4 league games last season or when he got 2 red cards in 15 games for Genoa. He scores a goal & we lose a game and suddenly European Football Expert Dwayne is claiming he could tell Ostigard was the next Maldini from the 0 minutes of football he played for us. :lolol:
Some of us were disappointed when Ostigaard was let go, and were disappointed that we couldn't find a way to keep him, perhaps with another good loan until he was fully up to joining the first team squad. Such thoughts were posted on NSC at the time too - so, people are after-timing? No they ain't. Ultimateley though, it was probably not possible to find a way to keep him at the time - he wanted out; so not club-bashing in any way, but it was still a disappointment.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Some of us were disappointed when Ostigaard was let go, and were disappointed that we couldn't find a way to keep him, perhaps with another good loan until he was fully up to joining the first team squad. Such thoughts were posted on NSC at the time too - so, people are after-timing? No they ain't. Ultimateley though, it was probably not possible to find a way to keep him at the time - he wanted out; so not club-bashing in any way, but it was still a disappointment.

My god.

Some of the overreactions on this forum are amazing, although some of them probably aren't amazing and some of them are probably posts I haven't seen so I can't comment on them. It's strange that most people were unbothered about Ostigard leaving whilst some people wanted to shunt him out on another loan to kick the can down the road, some people wanted him to do a 180 and be happy with not staring for the First XI and some people didn't give a shit either way or even know who he was. However now there is a slightly larger proportion of people pretending they've always thought we should keep him because he's scored a goal and we've conceded a few more than normal lately and are entirely ignoring everything beyond those two base level facts. It is mildly amusing that the amount of people exponentially increases now rather than when he was doing stupid things like getting sent off twice in 15 games. It is funny that some people but not all people are desperate to now pretend they were an expert on his Brighton career that they're claiming to have seen things that didn't happen.

Better?

I've genuinely lost track how many times I've seen you do something along these lines. You're clearly not thick - so is it as simple as you wanting anybody who makes a generalised statement to put a little asterisk next to it so everybody knows that you're a better fan than them? It's beyond tedious.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

I always thought he was decent the couple of times I caught him for the youth team or out on loan. I was always apprehensive that he didn't fit Potterball, especially not enough to be demanding first team minutes. It also sets a terrible precedence for any youth players coming through after him.

Edit: Obviously caught your post just as you edited it, my bad.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
My god.

Some of the overreactions on this forum are amazing, although some of them probably aren't amazing and some of them are probably posts I haven't seen so I can't comment on them. It's strange that most people were unbothered about Ostigard leaving whilst some people wanted to shunt him out on another loan to kick the can down the road, some people wanted him to do a 180 and be happy with not staring for the First XI and some people didn't give a shit either way or even know who he was. However now there is a slightly larger proportion of people pretending they've always thought we should keep him because he's scored a goal and we've conceded a few more than normal lately and are entirely ignoring everything beyond those two base level facts. It is mildly amusing that the amount of people exponentially increases now rather than when he was doing stupid things like getting sent off twice in 15 games. It is funny that some people but not all people are desperate to now pretend they were an expert on his Brighton career that they're claiming to have seen things that didn't happen.

Better?

I've genuinely lost track how many times I've seen you do something along these lines. You're clearly not thick - so is it as simple as you wanting anybody who makes a generalised statement to put a little asterisk next to it so everybody knows that you're a better fan than them? It's beyond tedious.
TLDR.

You were the one claiming people who had no time for him before were suddenly shouting for Ostigaard because he'd just scored (another) goal in the CL. :shrug:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
TLDR.

You were the one claiming people who had no time for him before were suddenly shouting for Ostigaard because he'd just scored (another) goal in the CL. :shrug:

I didn’t think a grown adult with a functioning brain would need help understanding a pretty obvious generalisation. Any chance to act the super fan though, I guess.

I’ll put a little asterisk next time for all the super special mega fans like you xx

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here