Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ostigard - Sold To Napoli 18/07/2022

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
If he does return at the end of the season and then go out on loan the next session to a Championship club for example, that means his contract will need to be extended first or we'd lose him.

Can see a conversation happening with him in the summer, or before, to extend his contract if he is good enough. Not heard anything about him good or bad except this article says he's liked by a club fighting relegation from the German 2nd Division.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
https://www.tv2.no/a/11123326/ If you open the original page in Google Chrome it will translate it for you as per below, but is probably easier to read and includes the pictures;

Leo (20) is praised in Germany: - He is already too good for this level
FAVORITE: Leo Skiri Østigård is thriving on loans in German St. Pauli. The 20-year-old has become a crowd favorite for the club, which weekly attracts 30,000 spectators to the stadium.

Nordmann predicts great future after success in Germany.
Eirik Nesset Hjelvik3 days ago

He is only barely 20 years old, but Leo Skiri Østigård has already managed to impress German football. Last weekend, the room drop was taken out on the team's round in the 2nd Bundesliga.

- Leo is a very, very good player for being 20 years. It's a player you think should be much older. He has certainly become a key player for St. Pauli, says Sports Editor Andreas Zschorsch of Bild-Hamburg.

He follows St. Pauli closely - and he has no doubt that Norwegian football will enjoy much of Skiri Østigård in the years to come:

- He will be an important player for the Norwegian national team. I'm sure. He is already too good for the level he is playing at now, Zschorsch believes.

Even the former Molde player appreciates the boast of the journalist. The 20-year-old is pleased that he made the choice to be hired out of English Brighton.

- Even when I went to Brighton, I knew about the interest from here. And after the pre-season in England it became quite clear that I was going on loan. Then I thought this could be a perfect league. After a slightly tough start, with a leg injury and stuff, it has probably only gone one way. I feel like an important player for the club, ”says Skiri Østigård.

Doubt on Premier League return next year
It was in the summer of 2018 that the center stopper was sold to Brighton. His contract with the English club lasts at least next season. In addition, the parties have an option of one more year.

Already, Sports Manager Andreas Bornemann has made it clear that St. Pauli hopes to keep the Norwegian in the club beyond the current loan agreement . It expires at the end of the season.

- I don't know much about the future yet. But honestly I don't think it will be playing in the Premier League until next year. I guess it will quickly become a new loan or possibly other things, he says.

Although some claim he is already too good for level two in Germany, he does not exclude staying in St. Pauli.

It is a club Skiri Østigård really got the chance for.

- I feel the club here fits me like a glove. I have become very fond of both the club and the fans. It is a special club, where there are almost 30,000 spectators at every single match. It's pretty cool. You almost have to experience the club to realize how extreme it is, he says.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Just reading the st paulie forum seems he’s been in excellent form all season I’m hoping that he comes back and doesn’t get lost in Dortmund with his mate haaland. The couple of times I’ve seen him play he seems at least on a par with white I’m hoping both will be in our squad next season

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
https://www.tv2.no/a/11123326/ If you open the original page in Google Chrome it will translate it for you as per below, but is probably easier to read and includes the pictures;

Leo (20) is praised in Germany: - He is already too good for this level
FAVORITE: Leo Skiri Østigård is thriving on loans in German St. Pauli. The 20-year-old has become a crowd favorite for the club, which weekly attracts 30,000 spectators to the stadium.

Nordmann predicts great future after success in Germany.
Eirik Nesset Hjelvik3 days ago

He is only barely 20 years old, but Leo Skiri Østigård has already managed to impress German football. Last weekend, the room drop was taken out on the team's round in the 2nd Bundesliga.

- Leo is a very, very good player for being 20 years. It's a player you think should be much older. He has certainly become a key player for St. Pauli, says Sports Editor Andreas Zschorsch of Bild-Hamburg.

He follows St. Pauli closely - and he has no doubt that Norwegian football will enjoy much of Skiri Østigård in the years to come:

- He will be an important player for the Norwegian national team. I'm sure. He is already too good for the level he is playing at now, Zschorsch believes.

Even the former Molde player appreciates the boast of the journalist. The 20-year-old is pleased that he made the choice to be hired out of English Brighton.

- Even when I went to Brighton, I knew about the interest from here. And after the pre-season in England it became quite clear that I was going on loan. Then I thought this could be a perfect league. After a slightly tough start, with a leg injury and stuff, it has probably only gone one way. I feel like an important player for the club, ”says Skiri Østigård.

Doubt on Premier League return next year
It was in the summer of 2018 that the center stopper was sold to Brighton. His contract with the English club lasts at least next season. In addition, the parties have an option of one more year.

Already, Sports Manager Andreas Bornemann has made it clear that St. Pauli hopes to keep the Norwegian in the club beyond the current loan agreement . It expires at the end of the season.

- I don't know much about the future yet. But honestly I don't think it will be playing in the Premier League until next year. I guess it will quickly become a new loan or possibly other things, he says.

Although some claim he is already too good for level two in Germany, he does not exclude staying in St. Pauli.

It is a club Skiri Østigård really got the chance for.

- I feel the club here fits me like a glove. I have become very fond of both the club and the fans. It is a special club, where there are almost 30,000 spectators at every single match. It's pretty cool. You almost have to experience the club to realize how extreme it is, he says.

Pretty much what a St Pauli fan told me last week. He said he would be surprised if he were to sign for St Pauli permanently as he considered him too good for Bundesliga 2.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Got sympathy for him

A young player has got to look after their career. Loans are the only thing he would have to look forward to in the next year or so.

Him and one or two others have their pathway blocked currently

I'm not so sure that's true? Under Hughton, I'd agree, as he wasnt prepared to play the youngsters, but Potter has put two 19 year olds in the first team plus given chance to Alzate. I'd suggest if you're good enough, Potter would give you the chance....... But is he good enough? You wont be fourth choice with your path blocked under Potter unless you're the 4th best in the club.

Hopefully a 1 year extension and farm him out to top end championship.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I'm not so sure that's true? Under Hughton, I'd agree, as he wasnt prepared to play the youngsters, but Potter has put two 19 year olds in the first team plus given chance to Alzate. I'd suggest if you're good enough, Potter would give you the chance....... But is he good enough? You wont be fourth choice with your path blocked under Potter unless you're the 4th best in the club.

Send him on loan to Leeds. We can enjoy the fallout again next season when he comes back.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Nothing to do with the manager's willingness to play young players, more the colossal traffic jam in front of him.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Pay wall
Any chance of the premise of the article?

Pay wall........ what does it say?

It's a background/character piece with a rundown of his time at Molde, on loan at St Pauli and his future with us.

He sounds like a confident young chap - at 16 when at Molde, he had a meeting with OGS and told him he should be in the 1st team :)

Worth a read if you can blag a free trial or get a deal...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It's a background/character piece with a rundown of his time at Molde, on loan at St Pauli and his future with us.

He sounds like a confident young chap - at 16 when at Molde, he had a meeting with OGS and told him he should be in the 1st team :)

Worth a read if you can blag a free trial or get a deal...

Thanks for that.
I wasn’t a particular fan of Naylor at the Argus - habit of putting fans down - not going to pay to read his occasional insights as (hopefully) they will be repeated elsewhere in due course

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
He effectively says that if we don't want him in the team next year or at least have a plan for him that he will move on.

Contract runs out in June but we have an option to extend for a year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here