Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Charity Match Ex Brighton players V Ex Worthing players.

Tribsa

Dec 20, 2017
Charity Match this Sunday 2nd June at Worthing, Woodside Road Stadium, KO 12pm. Ex BHA players V Ex Worthing FC players. Admission by Donation, Bar/Food available. Supporting.. St Barnabas House and Chestnut Tree House Hospice Care.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I was tipped off about this the other day but unfortunately i'm in Brighton for a Festival event. Could be fun, lots of Worthing/Brighton Legends crossovers to be had, Sully and Tilts to name but two.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Simon Steele played in goal for the Albion and Worthing as I recall. he certainly " commanded " his area as I recall.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
mmm played back in the 80's l think. Didn't he become a copper?

yes, heard that.... he was a bit of a gobshite on the pitch, always shouting and swearing at his back four !

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I played in goal for a team and we played Worthing in a friendly when Simon Steel was playing for them.
We were under pressure for most of the game, but I must admit I had a pearler, just as well.
We lost 1 - 0 to a penalty kick, Simon came up to me at the end of the game and said he thought I had a good game, which coming from an ex pro I took as a compliment.
Unmistakable scouse accent.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I played in goal for a team and we played Worthing in a friendly when Simon Steel was playing for them.
We were under pressure for most of the game, but I must admit I had a pearler, just as well.
We lost 1 - 0 to a penalty kick, Simon came up to me at the end of the game and said he thought I had a good game, which coming from an ex pro I took as a compliment.
Unmistakable scouse accent.
That's nice! It was a friendly though as you say!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here