Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Women paid extra to wear skirts to work...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
In order to get the extra payment, the women have to wear a skirt or dress that's no longer than 5cm from the knee.

How do they prove it? Simple - they send the company a photo.

Questioned on why the company had introduced the "femininity marathon", they answered: "We wanted to brighten up our work days, our team is 70% male. These kinds of campaigns help us switch off, rest. This is a great way to unite the team."

It's ok though. If a woman doesn't feel like doing that, she can always enter the dumpling-making competition.

Apparently, the CEO "...really wants to maintain the female essence in every female employee of the company, so that young women do not have male haircuts, do not change into trousers, so that they engage themselves in handicraft, project all their warmth into raising children."

Kin Hell.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-48457590

Would never be allowed if they were in the EU

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A friend of mine went for a job interview last week in a smart trouser suit and didn't get the gig because "she wasn't wearing a dress". Apparently, that's not looking professional.

This was in London. In 2019 - although it appears to be 1959 at this company

Hold on. They told her in no uncertain terms that this is the reason she was not considered for the role?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I am prepared to wear a skirt to work if they pay me extra.

What do you do about the cold draughts up the knees though?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Hold on. They told her in no uncertain terms that this is the reason she was not considered for the role?

I didn't see the email. But, yes, those words were specifically used - whether there were other reasons, I have no idea.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I didn't see the email. But, yes, those words were specifically used - whether there were other reasons, I have no idea.

Shameful. On the plus, who would want to work for a company like that. Sounds like she dodged a bullet.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I think it's a disgusting case of exploitation. If they want paying extra, they shouldn't wear a skirt at all.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I think it's a disgusting case of exploitation. If they want paying extra, they shouldn't wear a skirt at all.

In preparing a witty reply, I googled for pictures of the world's fattest woman in underwear. But the results were so upsetting that I can't bring myself to share it now.

Now I also have to fear what kind of advertising Google are going to feed me in future.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Back in the 70s my wife worked at a dentist in Brighton . The young dentist paid for the nurses and receptionist's uniform and they had to wear very tight hot pants.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
My first thought was ‘Italy’, actually disappointed it’s Russia.

Such a weird, backwards place. Still, at least it’s not as bad as the Middle East.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I am prepared to wear a skirt to work if they pay me extra.

What do you do about the cold draughts up the knees though?

Billy Connolly once said - '' There is no such thing as cold weather - You are just wearing the wrong clothes''

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I once applied for a job in London and got told by the bloke that he was interested but I'd have to shave the beard before he would take me away for "business trips". Lost my interest in the job rapidly.

But come to think of it, at least he didn't want me to wear a dress.

I used to work for EDS many moons ago. Even up to the late 80s all men had to be clean shaven ..... I never got round to seeing if this rule applied to women *cough*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here