Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Women paid extra to wear skirts to work...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
In order to get the extra payment, the women have to wear a skirt or dress that's no longer than 5cm from the knee.

How do they prove it? Simple - they send the company a photo.

Questioned on why the company had introduced the "femininity marathon", they answered: "We wanted to brighten up our work days, our team is 70% male. These kinds of campaigns help us switch off, rest. This is a great way to unite the team."

It's ok though. If a woman doesn't feel like doing that, she can always enter the dumpling-making competition.

Apparently, the CEO "...really wants to maintain the female essence in every female employee of the company, so that young women do not have male haircuts, do not change into trousers, so that they engage themselves in handicraft, project all their warmth into raising children."

Kin Hell.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-48457590

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
This is an outrage.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

giphy.gif

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Do they win a vibrator if they hit their sales targets?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
A friend of mine went for a job interview last week in a smart trouser suit and didn't get the gig because "she wasn't wearing a dress". Apparently, that's not looking professional.

This was in London. In 2019 - although it appears to be 1959 at this company

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
A friend of mine went for a job interview last week in a smart trouser suit and didn't get the gig because "she wasn't wearing a dress". Apparently, that's not looking professional.

This was in London. In 2019 - although it appears to be 1959 at this company

Christ alive. Any mitigating circumstances at all? I'm struggling to think of any - perhaps being interviewed for modelling a fashion house's dress collection? Though she could change into one there... Nah, I'm struggling.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I once applied for a job in London and got told by the bloke that he was interested but I'd have to shave the beard before he would take me away for "business trips". Lost my interest in the job rapidly.

But come to think of it, at least he didn't want me to wear a dress.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Christ alive. Any mitigating circumstances at all? I'm struggling to think of any - perhaps being interviewed for modelling a fashion house's dress collection? Though she could change into one there... Nah, I'm struggling.

No, this was for a PR company. My friend is 50 this year, has three kids and has run her own business in the past - she exudes professionalism but apparently professional expertise takes second place to dress sense in this firm.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
No, this was for a PR company. My friend is 50 this year, has three kids and has run her own business in the past - she exudes professionalism but apparently professional expertise takes second place to dress sense in this firm.

Simply inexcusable.

A PR company with no sense of the PR impact they'd suffer should she decide to go public...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here