Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 3 x 1901 seats for sale

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'm guessing the Platinum and Platinum Plus don't come up that often? Is it the same deal in the East Stand Upper, a lounge and seats fairly central?

P+ = no, but I think that's simply a reflection of the fact that there are very few of them - maybe 120? I think that Platinum do come up reasonably frequently, probably roughly in proportion to the number of seats in each section, which I'd estimate at 35/65 P/G (all numbers are WSM, I'm not sure what the split is in WSL).

The ESL seats are dead centre at the back of the stand, maybe 8-10 rows deep. The lounge for them is immediately behind the seats. I'm pretty sure that they are all Platinum level.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
I sat in the 1901 a couple of times and didn’t enjoy it. No atmosphere at all!

However each to his or her or indeterminate gender, own.
Went once as a guest of friends and got to say it was a completely soulless experience and not one to be repeated.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Went once as a guest of friends and got to say it was a completely soulless experience and not one to be repeated.

There's no doubt it's a very different experience. For home games, I take my 84-year old mother. I park in Bennett's Field and she has step free access to her seat (literally to her seat) from the car. She can sit down before the game, at half time, and at full time, with her G&T and chat away to anyone who'll listen. She's not exposed to (many) "naughty" words - "what are they singing in the North Stand now?", "I'm not sure, Mum".

For away games, I buy my ticket and go on the train with beers.

Very different. But for me, both work well. Horses for courses.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
There's no doubt it's a very different experience. For home games, I take my 84-year old mother. I park in Bennett's Field and she has step free access to her seat (literally to her seat) from the car. She can sit down before the game, at half time, and at full time, with her G&T and chat away to anyone who'll listen. She's not exposed to (many) "naughty" words - "what are they singing in the North Stand now?", "I'm not sure, Mum".

There you go. 1901 very good for 84 year old (women).!!

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013

Not sure being a Mummy’s boy is a great advert for the 1901. Good to know she lets you go to the matches by yourself on occasion:)
Only kidding it’s nice to see families at games, quite a few around us in lower west, including mine.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hang on...your mum drinks gin and tonic in full view of the nazi stewards! Blimey...some of us hooligans have to make do with a sneaky hip flask about our person!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hang on...your mum drinks gin and tonic in full view of the nazi stewards! Blimey...some of us hooligans have to make do with a sneaky hip flask about our person!

Drinking in your seat is a 1901 perk, don’t you know :wink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Everybody being considerate in case they upset people in the West Stand library.Yet Albion supporters consistently out-sing home supporters at away games!

I have been told you don’t go to games. What do you know?

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Do all 1901 members have PSLs? Where does the 5 year term come into it? What’s the difference?

Can someone explain like I’m BG please

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Do all 1901 members have PSLs? Where does the 5 year term come into it? What’s the difference?

Can someone explain like I’m BG please

Yeah - the “licence” fee is effectively a PSL. There are two license periods 5 years, and “lifetime” (actually 50 years), costing £500 and £1k (both plus VAT) respectively.

Then, irrespective of license period, you pay a monthly cost for the seat - this is the equivalent of a ST. However, whereas for a ST you are committed for one year at a time, in 1901 you are committed for a 5 year period. At the start of each 5 year period (and we have just finished year 3 of the second 5 year period), the club tell you what the price is going to be for each of the 5 years. It’s an uplift of about 2.5% pa compound.

At the end of each 5 year committed period the licence holder can walk away from the contract foc, though there is no refund of the remaining part of the upfront licence fee if the holder has a lifetime licence. If you don’t walk away, a new 5-year “ST” period starts, and, if you only bought a 5-year licence at the start, you have to also buy a new licence.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I've been to the 1901 seats for a Premier league match once - definitely a different experience to the match day experience I'm used to - but one I'd be happy with (cost excepting).

What are the parking arrangements for 1901? Someone mentioned free parking above, but with conditions...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I've been to the 1901 seats for a Premier league match once - definitely a different experience to the match day experience I'm used to - but one I'd be happy with (cost excepting).

What are the parking arrangements for 1901? Someone mentioned free parking above, but with conditions...

If you have 4 Gold licences or 2 Platinum/Platinum+ licences you get a free car parking space. I think the majority are in the Uni; I don’t think any are in the Bridge. Some are in Bennett’s Field. I know that disabled and restricted mobility 1901ers get Bennett’s Field (my mum is restricted mobility and our Amex neighbour uses a wheelchair, and we both get BF); some others meeting different criteria may also get BF...

Fewer than 4/2 licences - same as any other STH.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Yeah - the “licence” fee is effectively a PSL. There are two license periods 5 years, and “lifetime” (actually 50 years), costing £500 and £1k (both plus VAT) respectively.

Then, irrespective of license period, you pay a monthly cost for the seat - this is the equivalent of a ST. However, whereas for a ST you are committed for one year at a time, in 1901 you are committed for a 5 year period. At the start of each 5 year period (and we have just finished year 3 of the second 5 year period), the club tell you what the price is going to be for each of the 5 years. It’s an uplift of about 2.5% pa compound.

At the end of each 5 year committed period the licence holder can walk away from the contract foc, though there is no refund of the remaining part of the upfront licence fee if the holder has a lifetime licence. If you don’t walk away, a new 5-year “ST” period starts, and, if you only bought a 5-year licence at the start, you have to also buy a new licence.
Given that a failed political candidate is the only person I know that forked out just £500 despite boasts of wealth, it is probably just as well he can't get near council finances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here