Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 3 x 1901 seats for sale

calderon64

May 30, 2019
I have 3 life time seats for sale in the 1901 west stand. They are in the back row overlooking the south penalty area D. I am selling the 3 licenses for the price of 2. Please PM me for more details.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How much does a lifetime seat cost? How do they know how long I'm gonna live?

:dunce:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

They're actually 50-year licences. £1k+VAT, plus the monthly cost - which varies according to whether the seats are "Gold", "Platinum" or "Platinum +". Given where these are located, they'll be "Gold", currently £87+VAT/month.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Got a call from my doctor this morning. He said "I've got some good news and some bad news".

Ok, doc, says I, give me the good news.

Doc: "You've got 24 hours to live".

My GOD!! says I, WTF was the BAD news?!! :eek:

Doc: "I called yesterday but you were out"

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
They're actually 50-year licences. £1k+VAT, plus the monthly cost - which varies according to whether the seats are "Gold", "Platinum" or "Platinum +". Given where these are located, they'll be "Gold", currently £87+VAT/month.

Just to clarify, they were £1,200 to buy (incl VAT), then £1,250 a year to maintain. So, what this guy is selling at 3 for the price of 2 is going to be to buy then for £800, but the £1,250 a year would obviously remain the same.

Is that right?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
What am I missing here? You buy the seat for £1,250 a year and this allows you to buy the season ticket to sit in it?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just to clarify, they were £1,200 to buy (incl VAT), then £1,250 a year to maintain. So, what this guy is selling at 3 for the price of 2 is going to be to buy then for £800, but the £1,250 a year would obviously remain the same.

Is that right?

I'd imagine so.

However, the original price from the club is not necessarily the market price for any subsequent re-sale. I'm pretty sure one of my mates bought a 1901 membership on here from someone, but the transfer was actually FOC.

I guess it depends on how much the seller needs to get rid. If you've hit hard times or are suddenly moving away, you might just want to get out of the ongoing monthly commitment, so would happily transfer them for a negligible amount, if anything at all.

There may be other times when demand is so high you could see these on for a decent profit.

I'm not sure how liquid this particular market is, so it might be difficult to judget the "going rate".

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What am I missing here? You buy the seat for £1,250 a year and this allows you to buy the season ticket to sit in it?

Yup, that's just about it. It's why the club had to rope in that hyper-permed Aussie presumably-super-salesman at the initial presentations to try and sell you the same seat twice. Oddly enough, there didn't seem to be that many daft enough to fall for it :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yup, that's just about it. It's why the club had to rope in that hyper-permed Aussie presumably-super-salesman at the initial presentations to try and sell you the same seat twice. Oddly enough, there didn't seem to be that many daft enough to fall for it :lolol:

Well there were enough daft enough for the club to sell out the West Stand 1901, so it was extended to the East stand. I believe there is also a waitlist for those desperate to be fleeced :rolleyes:

What you are also missing is that these are the best seats in the ground. I have sat in a number of non 1901 seats and the view is nowhere near as good....imo

You also get a lounge with tables and chairs if standing with a pint and a pie whilst trying to drink and eat is not your thing. I have seen quite a few moans about this too :smile:

Different strokes for different folks, you pays your money you takes your choice. It’s amazing the number of non 1901 members who slag the 1901 off. I’ve yet to see a 1901 member slag off those in other parts of the ground. Is there just a touch of green eye here?

Last edited:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Is that right?

If he got them when the Amex opened they would have been £1175 to buy (VAT was then 17.5%). The annual cost is ~£1250 for Gold, yes. We are currently at the end of the third year of the second 5-year term (for annual costs). At the start of the 5-year term, the club tells you what the annual price will be for each of the 5 years. From memory the uplift each year is 2.5% (ish) compound.

In terms of what he's looking for - you'd have to ask him. But my understanding of his offer is what you say - though it reads as though he's (initially at least) only interested in selling them as a block of three - hence the three for two offer. As a reference point, if we are correct, these would be the cheapest arms-length transactions I have heard of. EDIT: though I've now read Bozza's post where he says that the transfer was foc...

One further thing. There are two different ways of effecting the logistics of a transfer (I've been subjected to both): a direct transfer from A to B, and the club cancelling the existing licences and re-issuing in the new name. The significance is that under option two, you won't get the 3 for 2 deal, but you will get a new 50-year licence. Under the first option, you will get the 342 deal, but your term will be 50-8=42 years. Just fyi.

Finally: technically, both the seller and the buyer are supposed to pay the club a £50 admin fee. Assuming they remember. :whistle:

Last edited:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

No - you buy the seat for 50 years for £1200, (or for 5 years for £600), and this allows you to buy the ST to sit in it for £1250 a year.

I know.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'd imagine so.

However, the original price from the club is not necessarily the market price for any subsequent re-sale. I'm pretty sure one of my mates bought a 1901 membership on here from someone, but the transfer was actually FOC.

I guess it depends on how much the seller needs to get rid. If you've hit hard times or are suddenly moving away, you might just want to get out of the ongoing monthly commitment, so would happily transfer them for a negligible amount, if anything at all.

There may be other times when demand is so high you could see these on for a decent profit.

I'm not sure how liquid this particular market is, so it might be difficult to judget the "going rate".

Yep, the going rate is whatever you can negotiate.

For a lifetime licence, the owner can walk away foc from the contract at the end of every 5 year term. We're currently at the end of year 3 of the second 5 year term.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
No - you buy the seat for 50 years for £1200, (or for 5 years for £600), and this allows you to buy the ST to sit in it for £1250 a year.

I know.

... and you get free tea and a logo'd flask, yes?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
... and you get free tea and a logo'd flask, yes?

:rant:

:lol:

What you do get is:

lift to WSM
Free programme
Somewhere to sit in a lounge both before and after a game
Shorter - much shorter - bar queues
Time to comfortably get a beer and have a pee at HT
"Better" seats - subjective, I know, but to me - they are
Free parking (if you buy enough licences - 4 for Gold, 2 for Platinum or P+)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
:rant:

:lol:

What you do get is:

lift to WSM
Free programme
Somewhere to sit in a lounge both before and after a game
Shorter - much shorter - bar queues
Time to comfortably get a beer and have a pee at HT
"Better" seats - subjective, I know, but to me - they are
Free parking (if you buy enough licences - 4 for Gold, 2 for Platinum or P+)

Oh, I see, now I'm tempted, especially the lounge before and beer queue! My lads are 16 & 13 now and really both interested in having seats in the NS, so maybe I should start to look at this. Have to say have been rather spoilt in the ESL and ESU with fairly central views so that would be a preference.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Oh, I see, now I'm tempted, especially the lounge before and beer queue! My lads are 16 & 13 now and really both interested in having seats in the NS, so maybe I should start to look at this. Have to say have been rather spoilt in the ESL and ESU with fairly central views so that would be a preference.

I'm just surprised that to a man such as yourself, the 1901 Club appears to be something you've never heard of before!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

"Central" = Platinum or Platinum+ = more monthly cost, but same upfront licence cost.

Platinum+ = centre line + ~8 yards North or South - directly behind Directors' box, only available in WSM = £144+VAT pm

Platinum = edge of Platinum+ to about 60% of the way from the centre line to the box. Available in WSM, WSL, ESL = £114+VAT pm.

Gold = the rest

Platinum and Platinum+ share lounges. There are three (WSM, WSL, ESL). They all straddle the halfway line and are large (2 bars in each of the west stand lounges, dunno about the ESL one). There are 10 (?) Gold lounges - they are much smaller, with fewer seats/tables.

Some Gold are therefore very nearly Platinum (& vice versa) in terms of seat position - but the lounge experience will be as described...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'm just surprised that to a man such as yourself, the 1901 Club appears to be something you've never heard of before!

I have, and have sponsored a game and experienced the whole hospitality thing, I think whilst I've been going with my boys I've never considered it and therefore not given it much attention ... that may change now!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here