Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] John Cleese criticised.......

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Like if you went to australia, and when you got there it was all McDonalds, Starbucks and Apple shops i'd think you'd be a tad disappointed and think similar thoughts because you went there to experience the native people's culture.

Works both ways tho. Not been a big fan of Aussie theme bar Walkabout in Brighton ever since I nicked a boomerang from there and got thrown out 23 times.

And yes, yes I will be disappointed with that effort :blush:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Does it matter what he thinks ?

London, like most of the major cities on the planet, is international in populous. It's normal.

Maybe he needs a Hungarian phrase book.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
TBH if i were Khan id take it as a compliment.

very much this. dont know if there's some context im missing, but the tweet i read is fair enough. we always say how multicultural London is, such a metling pot, so many communities. therefore not very English is it? cant be both.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I don't mind foreigners here, I have many foreigners in my family both here and abroad, but London doesn't feel very English to me. Alfriston, York, etc, they feel pretty English. London doesn't.

London is totally different to any other part of the country.
School children speak over 300 different languages at home. Most ethnic groups have a higher representation in London than anywhere else. 44.9% of the London population is White British. 37% were born outside the UK and 24.5% outside Europe ( Census 2011 )
The Census did not include a group that is a mixture of White British and Ethnic and was only discovered in recent years in certain areas of ' leafy London '.... ' Criminables ' ( Chiswick, Richmond Islington Middle-Income Anti-Brexit Liberal Elite Snowflakes )

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Wonder whether anyone on Nevis thinks his arrival has made it less like Nevis? And whether he cares about that?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Outrageous.
Lol.
very much this. dont know if there's some context im missing, but the tweet i read is fair enough. we always say how multicultural London is, such a metling pot, so many communities. therefore not very English is it? cant be both.
This.
School children speak over 300 different languages at home. Most ethnic groups have a higher representation in London than anywhere else. 44.9% of the London population is White British. 37% were born outside the UK and 24.5% outside Europe ( Census 2011 )
The Census did not include a group that is a mixture of White British and Ethnic and was only discovered in recent years in certain areas of ' leafy London '.... ' Criminables ' ( Chiswick, Richmond Islington Middle-Income Anti-Brexit Liberal Elite Snowflakes )
True.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Except that's a load of shit.

I should know!..... I'm descended from them.....It runs in the family. No Roman, Anglo Saxon, Danish, French or German in me. Just pure Ancient Tribe. We were here first before you Johnny Rotten Foreigners started coming over, raping and pillaging the men, chasing the women and diluting the blood.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
John Cleese....

He's all out of Waldorfs.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I hate going to London, it's a ****ing dive

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
School children speak over 300 different languages at home.

Now that is a clever bunch of kids. Must get a bit confusing sometimes for the parents.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
London is totally different to any other part of the country

I’d expand this to the world. It’s a genuine A list and unique city.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
True.
Before the Romans arrived ( what did they ever do for us? ) and introduced a modicum of culture, we were a bunch of thick, xenophobic, racist savages.

I presume the Romans never made it to Stoke?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Attachments

• 3236BEC4-C29A-4C48-AC65-8E0E19784EB5.jpeg
    3236BEC4-C29A-4C48-AC65-8E0E19784EB5.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 187

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here