Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Cure - DIsintegration - Live from Sydney Opera House

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Cheers [MENTION=1313]BadFish[/MENTION].

I’ll watch that later in full. I still play Cure music, 35/40 years on.

They headline at Glastonbury next month too.

Saw their 40th anniversary gig at Hyde Park last year on the day that England beat Sweden in the WC, a truly great day out.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I
Saw their 40th anniversary gig at Hyde Park last year on the day that England beat Sweden in the WC, a truly great day out.

I bet it was. Was the Sweden match televised on a giant screen in the park?

I’ve said this before, but I find it incredible that Smith and mates were creating the music and lyrics to A Forest, Play for Today, Boys Don’t Cry, etc, whilst in their teens and age 20. Most lads that age are just finding themselves. The same applies to Lennon/McCartney, Morrissey/Marr, Curtis/Sumner/Hook/Morris. Latter-day musical geniuses.

Ever grateful for their genius, endless happy hours spent listening to their art. :smile:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I

I’ve said this before, but I find it incredible that Smith and mates were creating the music and lyrics to A Forest, Play for Today, Boys Don’t Cry, etc, whilst in their teens and age 20. Most lads that age are just finding themselves. The same applies to Lennon/McCartney, Morrissey/Marr, Curtis/Sumner/Hook/Morris. Latter-day musical geniuses.

Ever grateful for their genius, endless happy hours spent listening to their art. :smile:

Absolutely. I think Paul Weller could be added to that list after writing All Mod Cons when he was 19 years old.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I

Not forgetting Paul Weller who wrote "All Mod Cons" when he was just 19. Incredible when you think about the song writing.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Absolutely. I think Paul Weller could be added to that list after writing All Mod Cons when he was 19 years old.

Definitely, I can’t believe I omitted Weller. Some feat for someone so young to churn out several great albums.

With all of these musical geniuses, as if the inhibition of youth allowed the creativity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here