Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you have an American Express credit card?

Do you have an American Express credit card (or other Amex product)?

• Yes, had one for a while (work)

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Yes, had one for a while (personal)

Votes: 50 33.6%
  • Yes, got since Albion sponsorship (work)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, got since Albion sponsorship (personal)

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • No, but thinking about it (personal)

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • No, not for me thanks

Votes: 77 51.7%
  • I work there

Votes: 3 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Following on from the Rwanda/brand/advertising discussion in the kits thread....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I used to have a corporate AMEX, which was utterly useless as no one seemed to take it at the time. I gave it up when I left the job and have zero interest in getting a personal one from this experience

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I've got the BA American Express 'Premium' card which has got me so many flights, upgrades and 2 for 1's I've lost count. I've also got the Platinum card, which pays for itself multiple times every year in the form of car hire excess cover, hotel upgrades, purchase protection, free trips and jollies (last one was a meal, drinks and a private chat with Chris Hughton followed by a behind the scenes tour of the Amex - all for free) plus travel discounts and so on.

I can't fault American Express. Never once had a problem with them and their customer service is superb.

And no, I don't work for them - but remuneration for my glowing reviews will be gratefully accepted. :lolol:

The Albion

Apr 15, 2019
I used to have a corporate AMEX which I was forced to use for business expenses whilst travelling, but most places didn’t accept AMEX! Quite annoying.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Yes I do, but well before their sponsorship of our team/stadium. More places accepting it now than used to be the case, but still get a little bored with asking "do you accept American Express".

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Got a platinum cashback card a few months ago, I get cashback for every purchase which gets paid once a year. I put everything I can through it and so far II've got £113 so I reckon by the time the year is up I'll have had about £200 of FREE money.
If a shop doesn't take it I use my bank card instead.
Dunno about the other benefits, might have to check.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I used to have a corporate AMEX which I was forced to use for business expenses whilst travelling, but most places didn’t accept AMEX! Quite annoying.

Ditto.
And it was a pain because accounts should have settled the bill every month but our accounts dept was so useless, I had to pay and then chase them. And, of course, I had a separate expenses invoice for all the places that didn't take Amex.

I was very glad when the company decided that this wasn't a plan that worked very well and went back to the old way.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
And why isn't there a Seagull edition, Amex staffers?

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
I can't vote as there isn't the right option for me.

This is a bit of a guilty secret for me - I had one about 30 years ago but found their admin quite poor and cancelled it after a number of frustrating events (e.g. payments made but not acknowledged.)

I'm sure they're much better now but who needs another card in a world of too many cards?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I had one from Lloyds for years and years, as it used to earn decent Airmails. But it got discontinued a few months ago, and replaced by a MasterCard.

As others have said, the fact it often wasn't accepted was a pain though.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Yes, and got it since the stadium sponsorship began, but that's not the reason why. I collect BA Avios and got a Blue BA Amex. I mainly put work expenses on it but it's my own card. Is it worth paying for the executive ones? I don't fly all that often any more.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Yes, I have one because they seem to have the best cashback offers and I just pay my credit bill off at the end of the month so interest rate is irrelevant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here