• Tim

Votes: 46 63.9%
  • Michael

Votes: 26 36.1%

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 10, 2003
Mrs Wz is watching SMC on the one show and I am a great fan of Zulu, Get Carter etc.

But last night I watched all of Hatton garden on catch up.

Simple question - who is the better actor?

Last edited:

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Acting wise, Spall knocks spots off Caine. But I prefer watching Caine.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Caine all the way. so many brilliant films, especially the Harry Palmer Trilogy, Get Carter, Italian Job, Too Late the Hero, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels...... The defence, rests.

Acker79

Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've seen Timothy Spall in so many things, and he usually disappears into the role and you see the character. I've seen Michael Caine in many things, and you usually know you are watching Michael Caine. Michael Caine is a dude, knowing you're seeing him isn't a bad thing. And the same can be said of so many big names in film - Tom Hanks, Tom Cruise, Tom Hiddleston, Tom Holland... sorry, got a little carried away there. Sam L Jackson, Morgan Freeman, etc.

As someone who can get distracted by 'hey I know that guy' I tend to prefer it when actors disappear into a role (or when I don't know the actor at all), so I would have to give my vote to Timothy Spall (while feeling guilty, because Michael Caine is dude).

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Loved Michael Caine in (the original) Alfie. Spall has got more range though. But the trump card for MC is that my missus can't stand him, so I make a point of saying what a fine actor he is...…………….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here