Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Things designed specifically to annoy and frustrate people.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Stickers and price tags on gifts. Some retailers are wise to this problem and have easy-peel labels, or hide them on the underside of the product. But it's still often the case where you end up hacking away fruitlessly for ages, trying to rub off every trace of the damn sticker. Especially if you have short fingernails, but even if you have longer nails you get sticky bits of plastic wedged under your nails and it's a right faff.

TK Maxx is among the worst for this.

Agree really annoying, but if you have a small tin of lighter fluid it is great for removing any remaining adhesive residue. Saves a lot of frustration.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Stickers and price tags on gifts. Some retailers are wise to this problem and have easy-peel labels, or hide them on the underside of the product. But it's still often the case where you end up hacking away fruitlessly for ages, trying to rub off every trace of the damn sticker. Especially if you have short fingernails, but even if you have longer nails you get sticky bits of plastic wedged under your nails and it's a right faff.

It serves you right for buying people gifts from TK Maxx!

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Food jars whose shape prevents the last of the contents being extracted.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

and Smiths

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Worse is the garish yellow supermarket price reduction stickers, never get those fvckers off, which can be massively problematic if you've got some snobby punters round gawping in your fridge.

I am proud of the bargains I find in that section.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
May I add packaging of children's toys, particularly where the item is fixed into the box with screws. Nine times out of ten, said toy is bought for child on a shopping trip, child wants to play with toy in the car on the journey home, adult fails to have requisite screwdriver in car or on person & has to tell child to wait until they get home. Cue massive meltdown from child for whole of car journey home.

The person who came up with the ludicrous idea of screwing toys into packaging obviously does not have children. :censored:

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I am proud of the bargains I find in that section.

There are limits! Hit some supermarkets at the right time and it's like the California Gold Rush (on a smaller scale) and you're forced to do the walk of shame to the checkout with a basket/trolley 96% full of mark downs. Glory Days. Sadly you start to recognise the same old 'Gold Rush' faces after a while. Morrisons are the daddy - £3+ sandwiches for 5p, £5 tub of fresh olives 50p.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There are limits! Hit some supermarkets at the right time and it's like the California Gold Rush (on a smaller scale) and you're forced to do the walk of shame to the checkout with a basket/trolley 96% full of mark downs. Glory Days. Sadly you start to recognise the same old 'Gold Rush' faces after a while. Morrisons are the daddy - £3+ sandwiches for 5p, £5 tub of fresh olives 50p.
That is good.
Co-op last thing on Sunday is a doozy but I do have to elbow an elderly woman out of the way. It’s not that she takes more than her fair share but that she blocks the section by picking each item up and scrutinising it forensically.
Get out of it grandma.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Adverts with dogs barking, sets mine off ballistic. The latest is Alexa Amazon, so I quickly turn it down, then forget, miss the next couple of adverts which is a boneus!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here