Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Things designed specifically to annoy and frustrate people.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
USB’s. Every bloody time!!!!

Jul 7, 2003
s-l1000.jpg

Notice what kind of packaging they come in.

That's definitely the budget equivalent - especially the way it is packaged. I think this is the one I remember:

smart plastic opener.jpg

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Rubber Johnies!
They should provide a natty applicator.
Unless you are expert at snapping one on, you get to that moment, trying to get it out with your teeth and then fumbling around trying to roll it down, even worse if you have a todger like a grand national winner.
By the time you are sure it's not going to ping off you are flaccid.

I’ve never had a problem with these

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Lids on fray bentos pies
The packets that replacement heads for oral b electric toothbrushes come in
Google software "extras"

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Paying for car parking, where you either need to use an app which tacks on 5%, go to a fracking shop some distance away and presumably go through some rigmarole there, or possibly navigate a complex parking meter which among the multiple stages of complexity includes having to put in your registration - which is an incredible ball ache if you’re not in your usual vehicle and it’s parked 100 yards away and you’ve just got to the front of a queue of people which has formed because of the incredible amount of time it takes to use a bloody meter.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
On new toilet cisterns and basins. :tantrum:

This before I read your nominated. When and why have they become so stupidly complex,flawed and breakable. Old days bought your armitage shanks and a ballcock in late Victorian era and 100 years later still working fine. ‘Upgrade’ to new ‘modern system’ and 3 breakages in 10 years, parts that erode or break easy and impossible to find spares for and stupidly fiddly to fix...In my government, the person who designed this would be found and punished severely. If already dead then I’d take it out on their descendants. Utter utterly unnecessary. The same goon who invented new toilet cisterns would probably change the shape of the wheel too, that’s how fecking stupid this tampering numb nuts was. :censored::angry:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
USB’s. Every bloody time!!!!

The man who invented the USB died recently.

At his funeral they slowly lowered his coffin into the ground, then brought it back up, flipped it over, and lowered it back down again.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
QWERTY keyboards. Designed to slow you down (so the keys on a typewriter don't jam), according to myth anyway.

No going back now.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Modern funky looking basins whose designers seem to think that holding water is an optional extra. I love a wet shave in the morning but so many places have basins where the plug is shit.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This before I read your nominated. When and why have they become so stupidly complex,flawed and breakable. Old days bought your armitage shanks and a ballcock in late Victorian era and 100 years later still working fine. ‘Upgrade’ to new ‘modern system’ and 3 breakages in 10 years, parts that erode or break easy and impossible to find spares for and stupidly fiddly to fix...In my government, the person who designed this would be found and punished severely. If already dead then I’d take it out on their descendants. Utter utterly unnecessary. The same goon who invented new toilet cisterns would probably change the shape of the wheel too, that’s how fecking stupid this tampering numb nuts was. :censored::angry:

I replaced the one at work. Trip to B&Q, ten minute YouTube tutorial, fifteen minute job. Simple job but the weird cartridge looking thing seemed way overly complicated. Weird looking thing.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Washing machines. Fine for washing clothes.It's moving them I can't stand. Why do they not put grips or a handle cavities on them? Why?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I can't disagree with what you say but I earn a living fixing these toilet cisterns.
Some can be fiddly to fix but every day is a challenge.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I can't disagree with what you say but I earn a living fixing these toilet cisterns.
Some can be fiddly to fix but every day is a challenge.

I’m booking you next time then BN9. Bloody German invention too mine, thought those guys supposed to be efficient or is it their last laugh I.e we may have won the war, but we lost the flush?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here