Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Things designed specifically to annoy and frustrate people.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
May I begin with HDCP2.2? This is a copy protection trick to prevent copying of UltraHD 4K material. Unfortunately it also means I cannot play genuine 4K BluRay discs on my genuine Samsung 4K monitor using either my genuine Samsung 4K BluRay disc player or the genuine LG 4K BluRay player in my PC. A curse on HDCP2.2.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
May I begin with HDCP2.2? This is a copy protection trick to prevent copying of UltraHD 4K material. Unfortunately it also means I cannot play genuine 4K BluRay discs on my genuine Samsung 4K monitor using either my genuine Samsung 4K BluRay disc player or the genuine LG 4K BluRay player in my PC. A curse on HDCP2.2.
On a less technical point: Corned Beef tins. Even if the key works, the stuff doesn’t come out unless you use a tin opener.

Edit. Too late!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
stupid_packaging_power01.jpg

Stuff that comes in sealed plastic packaging like this. Requiring a moderately dangerous hack round with a bread knife or a pair of scissors.

Especially when the package contains scissors. Is someone having a laugh ?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
stupid_packaging_power01.jpg

Stuff that comes in sealed plastic packaging like this. Requiring a moderately dangerous hack round with a bread knife or a pair of scissors.

Especially when the package contains scissors. Is someone having a laugh ?

I want to meet the absolute TOOL of a patent holder in a dark alley with a sharp instrument, preferably not in one of their packages.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Tough to find things which aren't just the result of cost cutting or badly thought out design..... But my vote goes to.call centre systems.

They're made to infuriate you into hanging up rather than getting you to the person you need to speak to.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tough to find things which aren't just the result of cost cutting or badly thought out design..... But my vote goes to.call centre systems.

They're made to infuriate you into hanging up rather than getting you to the person you need to speak to.

In the same vein, instructions on Far Eastern products which are like something off Google Translate

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Bags of dried Rice, impossible to open the packet gently and not split it down the side and then your Rice pours everywhere.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
The design of the marina car park.
Corners so tight with Curbs at just the right height to take out your alloys.

Whoever designed it deserves all they get in hell.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

....and by 'answering' you (i.e. telling you they're experiencing an exceptional number of calls when in fact they're just not employing enough people to answer the calls) which means you get charged (often at a premium rate) for every minute you're hanging on.

WATFORD zero

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 10, 2003
Everything so far deserves a 'This'

Marina car park, those things that need scissors and packets of rice particularly :thumbsup:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Voice recognition systems

I am obviously handicapped by speaking English which none of these systems seem to recognise

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here