Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Bean to cup coffee machines

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Anyone got one?
Automatic or Semi automatic?
Any recommendations.....not cheap I know ( £250 up)
Had a Tassimo for a few years and looking at getting a different machine.

and no it don't taste the same from a jar...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why do you want Bean to Cup? What kind of coffee do you prefer?

I've had expensive Bean to Cup machines, Cafetiere, Aeropress etc.... but really my favorite coffee is from a Hario V60. Works best for black coffee which is a slow drip filter.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sorry. Still on kettle to cup but you’re welcome to pop round for a nice cuppa Mellow Birds

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Thanks for the offer but I will give it a miss..
[MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] surprises me I though he was still using Camp coffee from a bottle.

Actually I don’t think he’s even discovered fire yet...:whistle:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I've had a Gaggia for about 10 years. It gets used every day, minimum of 4 espressos. Recommend Gaggia based on my machine

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Anyone got one?

I too have gone through a whole range of coffee machines.
The one we have at the moment delivers probably the best cup of coffee I’ve tasted.
It’s a nespresso machine that uses pods.
Luvvly cuppa and the machine won’t break the bank

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Thanks for the offer but I will give it a miss..
[MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] surprises me I though he was still using Camp coffee from a bottle.

Well as you've mentioned Camp coffee, I was thinking Nescafe, whilst shaking the beans in ones hand, in a sort of a w@nker expressive motion.
Your go..............old fruit :lolol:

PS: Sill posting your teeth to your dentist?

Last edited:

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Once you have a bean to cup you won’t go back , get a one for about £230 I use beans from Aldi £1.89 a bag . And I wasn’t a fancy coffee drinker , usually just an instant man upto about 7 years ago . I got custody of our machine in the divorce

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
No need to spend £300 when you can get one for £59.

I have had this bean to cup for 2 years now and does a great job.

Russell Hobbs Chester Grind and Brew Coffee Machine 22000 - Black

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00OZM77VY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also recommend the Aerobie AeroPress A80 Coffee Maker its a simple piece of kit and will make you a cup of fresh coffee in a minute. Essential when on holiday.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000GXZ2GS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Anyone got one?

Definitely worth getting one if you like decent coffee. Generally, the more you spend the more you get. Pro machines in coffee shops are several £k for a reason.

I’d suggest you focus on the following things: definitely get a double boiler, the quality of the grinder, the ability to fill the water tank from the top, the ability to adjust the fineness of the grind (dosing too if you’re prepared to pay for both), the ability to create good foam (if you like that). I got a decent machine that allows full automatic down to near full manual. Expensive, but if you time your purchase right, you can decent discounts off in the shop, plus a rebate from the manufacturer. By waiting 4 months, I got 30% off mine.

Last edited:

The GIF dude

Mar 22, 2013
Sidwell
Why do you want Bean to Cup? What kind of coffee do you prefer?

I've had expensive Bean to Cup machines, Cafetiere, Aeropress etc.... but really my favorite coffee is from a Hario V60. Works best for black coffee which is a slow drip filter.

This. If your serious about your coffee - Hario v60 is the one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Wooden-Stainless-Steel-Hand-Grinder-Manual-Coffee-Beans-Spice-Grinding-Tool-Electric-Coffee-Grinders-dkj0.jpg
s-l640.jpg

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This is coming from someone who lives in the Shires and throws bread at helicopters ???

Lol! I just spat my morning coffee out reading that (throws bread at...!) I shall add to my lexicon!!

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I have a delonghi espresso machine that's sitting in the garage, could never get good coffee out of it no matter what beans I use.

I went back to the trusty burr grinder and boden french press.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Have a Delonghi Magnifica bean to cup. It gets used for at least 1 espresso every morning and is still going strong after over 7 years of consistent use with no maintenance required other than occasionally running the automatic descale programme, which is quite impressive for something with so many moving parts.

Can also endorse the Aldi beans!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here