Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pre-Season Fixtures

JimothyJames95

Jan 2, 2019
Eastbourne
Only asking as I’m unsure of previous years. Any idea when tickets for the Pre-Season fixtures go on sale prior to the date?

Would probably be looking at going to the Crawley or Aldershot game, but as these appear to be quite small grounds, I reckon tickets might be scarce.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Only asking as I’m unsure of previous years. Any idea when tickets for the Pre-Season fixtures go on sale prior to the date?

Would probably be looking at going to the Crawley or Aldershot game, but as these appear to be quite small grounds, I reckon tickets might be scarce.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty certain that the albion won't be handling sales for the Crawley match, and you'll need to get tickets from Crawley. No idea if they have released ticket info yet though.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 27, 2012

Last time we played Crawley (it was Glenn Murray's debut 2nd time round), it was pretty easy to get tickets on the day. Very unlikely you won't get a ticket if you want one.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Really miss the old Worthing pre-season friendlies. Beer in the clubhouse and the sun always shone on the uber-fans strutting like peacocks in the new home shirt :lol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I predict we will have one or two pretty terrible results in pre-season as players attempt to adjust to a very different playing style. And some will overreact.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Last time we played Crawley (it was Glenn Murray's debut 2nd time round), it was pretty easy to get tickets on the day. Very unlikely you won't get a ticket if you want one.
This. It *should* be pay on the day - and I don't think it sold out on previous occasions.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I predict we will have one or two pretty terrible results in pre-season as players attempt to adjust to a very different playing style. And some will overreact.

Can’t possibly be as bad as Hyypia’s pre-season run. Although the writing was on the wall that it wasn’t going to work even then.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
This. Surely it can't be too hard to organise one away trip to a decent European team each season (eg Valencia) to give our fans a nice weekend away. Crawley and Aldershot....really?

Why would a decent European team want to play PL cannon fodder?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Can’t possibly be as bad as Hyypia’s pre-season run. Although the writing was on the wall that it wasn’t going to work even then.

I was out there in San Pedro Del Pinatar arena for Sammy’s pre season friendlies against Patrick Thistle and Real Betis. It was completely surreal in that heat, watching poor old Calderon and Chicksen literally the highest up the field players, and then SH b0ll0cking them for not getting back to also play conventional full back in a 442! He never had a third CB drop in, he never had a DM drop in, he literally expected his full backs to be one end at one moment, and then magically the other end at the next moment! Of course, it was ruthlessly exposed by Real Betis who ripped us a new one down both flanks and walked in three easy goals. Sammy’s epitaph was written right there. I still recall quizzing Barber about this appointment at a later seagulls over London evening, and he said SH came to the interview and presented huge great manuals of research he had done on every player, ours and competitors, every team’s playing style and weaknesses etc, and impressed hugely. Only problem was, PB said, that SH could not translate any of that knowledge into leadership and direction that worked on the grass.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
What makes you think we're more "cannon fodder" now than we were two years ago as a team newly promoted from the Championship?

I don't! Just think there is a need to be realistic about who we are likely to attract for friendlies. More than happy for a glamour match like Atletico again but not expecting it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here