Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Yes another Potter thread....

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Yes another Potter thread because the NSC search function does not work.

On the original Potter thread, that I cannot find, I made the statement that we must have already been in contact with Potter before we ended Hughton's contract.

This was met with several posters claiming that this was untrue because of the claim that this would be illegal.

However just to prove my point to those claims. From the article: https://www.football365.com/news/graham-potter-brighton-and-an-attempted-revolution

"This is why Potter was targeted by Brighton, with whispers that discussions between the two parties took place as early as February as owner Tony Bloom looked to take the club into a new era."

Are we now in trouble?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No we are not in trouble. This is just a rumour about a rumour. Probably originally posted by BG.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
The point is our full list of options only had one name on it when Hughton was dismissed, and it was as good as a done deal.

I think you will find, "that's only a rumour" :D

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
If there were any legs to the story Swansea would be kicking up a stink & demanding action & probably much higher financial reward. As it is Swansea seem happy things were done the 'right' way even if not the result they wanted.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Most things that go on 'behind closed doors' at the Albion offices are none of our damned business, frankly.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
That hasn’t proved your point. It’s just baseless rumour. Given we paid the maximum compensation it’s all a bit irrelevant anyway.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

When I put in the exact thread title I get this: https://www.northstandchat.com/search.php?searchid=12557963

Apart from it not appearing, it also displays like below which is not very helpful:

potter thread.jpg

How did you search and find it?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Most things that go on 'behind closed doors' at the Albion offices are none of our damned business, frankly.

This

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The point is our full list of options only had one name on it when Hughton was dismissed, and it was as good as a done deal.

Wow. Can I have a look at that list? Can you upload a copy?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here