Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rumour Jayden Bogle

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
I’m absolutely sick of repeating it, so I can only imagine the ire you are feeling.

Link to rumour
WAG/HAB
YouTube Highlights / Skills reel
Transfermarket ‘valuation’
Other various stats pages
Fifa card thingy

Sake!

Sorry for slacking ... heres one part of that list

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Can’t afford to have a “kid with potential” at LB or RB. We need a tried and trusted solid FB to play with the wide players currently on our books. Stephen Ward is available and would be a good back up rather that first pick (if we needed a LB)

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Not convinced he would make the step up straight away from what I've seen.

At still only 18y/o I would expect he would be 2nd choice behind Montoya , a converted winger to wing-back/full back he has a lot to learn but the potential is there according to all those heaping praise on him during the season. Who better to teach him than the grandmaster Bruno ?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Can’t afford to have a “kid with potential” at LB or RB. We need a tried and trusted solid FB to play with the wide players currently on our books. Stephen Ward is available and would be a good back up rather that first pick (if we needed a LB)

Potter seems to like working with talented young players that he can mould. I’d be surprised if there are any ‘tried and trusted’ signings at all.

In addition, it’s likely that Bogle would be a wing back. His ‘assists’ column from last year is very very good for a full back.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

You are Crodonlison and I claim my £5 :)

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Potter seems to like working with talented young players that he can mould. I’d be surprised if there are any ‘tried and trusted’ signings at all.

In addition, it’s likely that Bogle would be a wing back. His ‘assists’ column from last year is very very good for a full back.

Fair enough and I expect Potter has had a number of players on his radar for when a PL opportunity might arise. This and Dan Ashworth’s knowledge and contacts (from a similar ilk) gives me hope that much of the homework has already been done

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think some are forgetting he's still 18 - He's not the finished article and he's had slumps in form but overall he's been brilliant...

Not at all. I think you might be forgetting the quality of PL wingers.

I'm sure the lad has loads and loads of potential, but potential won't keep us up. If we want a kid to shadow the first choice players in any position, I'd expect (and hope) that Potter will first assess the dozens of young players we already have on our books, that CH was reluctant to trust. We've some very highly rated young players of our own - a couple of full backs (Cox and Cochrane) amongst them.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

I'm sure the lad has loads and loads of potential, but potential won't keep us up. If we want a kid to shadow the first choice players in any position, I'd expect (and hope) that Potter will first assess the dozens of young players we already have on our books, that CH was reluctant to trust. We've some very highly rated young players of our own - a couple of full backs (Cox and Cochrane) amongst them.

Only got to look at how much Sessegnon struggled this season. The most hyped young fullback/wingback/winger and he barely got a kick.

Goldstone76

Jun 13, 2013
All you armchair managers dismissing Bogle as a flop. Vardy went from Fleetwood to Championship Leicester and hasnt done bad. Ok so a championship player may not do well initially but its all about calculated guesswork. The kid is 18 ffs. If we go for him, dont write him off just cos he hasnt cost £30M. Perhaps there should be an idiot test for NSC?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

I don't disagree, just pointing out he's clearly not as crap as some have implied. The fact that he's the probably the best player from the best academy team in the country shouldn't be overlooked.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
That would spell the end for Dunk and Duffy.

Bogle, Burn, Balogun, Bernardo.

4 B's > 2 D's/

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
He's 18,, he's already playing in a championship in a team that just missed out on promotion, I like these rumours as I would imagine thousands of Brighton supporters don't even know the names of our own U23 squad, of which just 4 or 5 appeared for CH 2 of which were unused as subs in his tenure, as manager, two possible reasons are our development squad are not good enough or CH simply wasn't prepared to try out the youth at his disposal.

We have a new manager and a new style of play in the offing, players like Bogle Should be at least looked at as potential targets if the new manager is to be believed, he's a perfect candidate if indeed the rumour has any substance at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here