Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Alastair Campbell expelled.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
He helped take us to an illegal invasion that destroyed Iraq and led ISIS.

Again factually incorrect. At the time the invasion wasn't illegal. Since then the laws surrounding such things have been clarified. Since the law cannot be applied retrospectively, it wasn't an illegal invasion.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The purge of Labour of the exact type of voter they need to win continues. Green for me from now on

Labour don't want the centre-left or moderates.

They'll never win an election under Corbyn, thank God. And I say that as a life-long Labour voter. I'm siding with the Lib Dems atm,

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Can't stand the big sh!t. A fully obnoxious up himself arrogant Blairite.....kicked out of the 'New Trotsky' thug party......

Love it, divorce made in hell!

TNBA

TTF

Out of interest, why do you think Blairite is a bad thing?

I imagine an injection of 'Blairite' third-way politics that captures the center-ground would be a recipe for cleaning up at the next GE.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Shame. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Expelled for not towing the Labour line.

Imagine if Jeremy Corbyn did that. :dunce:

Funny how this can happen so quickly to Campbell yet cases involving alleged anti-semitism drag on endlessly..

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yeah, he's such a tosser, with his refreshingly open and frankness about his struggles with depression and alcoholism, and his charity work. The wanker.

He is still a bit of a smug tosser though, wouldn't you agree?

However on the broader scope, the two party state showing their democracy card yet again, Tory's with Heseltine, Commies with Campbell.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Don't like him much, but he was a moderate.

The Labour Party lurches ever further to the left and becomes ever more unelectable as the rants of the Corbynistas become louder....

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Labour don't want the centre-left or moderates.

They'll never win an election under Corbyn, thank God. And I say that as a life-long Labour voter. I'm siding with the Lib Dems atm,

It is actually the opposite.

Whenever Labour has a move to the left, it is the centre-left who cannot compromise their views, so flounce off to start the SDP, or Change UK or whatever else. Those who believe in the left, didn't jump ship when Blair revoked article 4, or took Labour down a path of soft-Toryism, they stayed with the party made their displeasure known with rebel votes and the such, but stayed loyal.

So we have a Labour that wants to embark on left of centre-left politics, and that's all it is, and it's hissy fits all round. Campbell has been an agitator since Corbyn was elected leader.

The problem isn't labour not wanting the centre-left, the problem is the centre-left don't want to go to bed without their safety blanket of the centre ground.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Again factually incorrect. At the time the invasion wasn't illegal. Since then the laws surrounding such things have been clarified. Since the law cannot be applied retrospectively, it wasn't an illegal invasion.

You can argue the technicalities but a war based on deception is morally wrong and the Chilcot report says that deception was used. I guess murdering hundreds of thousands of people on made up facts ok with you and no justice is required if the person is British?

This is exactly the attitude that encourages terrorism.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You can argue the technicalities but a war based on deception is morally wrong and the Chilcot report says that deception was used. I guess murdering hundreds of thousands of people on made up facts ok with you and no justice is required if the person is British?

I prefer the Brexit deception to the Iraq war one, at least less people died as a result.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

Blair claims he acted on the facts available to him at the time, I believe him - you don't. That doesn't make me happy that so many people lost their lives. Nobody would be OK with that, well, maybe Saddam Hussein would?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here