Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Rumour - Theo Bongonda

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
"Once touted for great things around the time he signed for Celta Vigo, Theo Bongonda decided to go back to his roots in Belgium to rekindle a dwindling career, and it’s paid off.

Arriving at Zulte Waregem in the summer for £1.4m, the 23-year-old has enjoyed a plentiful season in his home country, scoring 14 goals and picking up 14 assists in 39 appearances.

In fact, he performed so well that he attracted interest from Brighton Hove & Albion and Celtic, who provided competition to Jupiler Pro League champions KRC Genk, who are expected to sign Bongonda to replace Leandro Trossard."

http://sportwitness.co.uk/celtic-brighton-interest-winger-revealed-belgium-14-goals-season/

"It’s no surprise clubs like Brighton and Celtic took an interest in such a prolific forward, although both would have presented very different challenges for the player had he chosen either of them over Genk.

Instead, it appears he will remain in a league he feels comfortable in while playing Champions League football next season, knowing he will get game time once Trossard gets his big move elsewhere."

So an 'unlikely' but on the radar supposedly.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I watch the 1st minute of his highlights and they are dreadful. He lost the ball or gave it away every time. Didn’t watch the rest but for that reason I’m out

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Lists of home based talent on offer from the big six who need to reduce squad sizes to make way for summer transfers.
Why do we keep looking, allegedly, at this tosh?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I watch the 1st minute of his highlights and they are dreadful. He lost the ball or gave it away every time. Didn’t watch the rest but for that reason I’m out

It does get better to be fair but i couldn't decide on whether he is a wing back or a winger, he is fast and can play on either side of the pitch, but very little end product wrt his crossing.

Not an improvement on Bernardo or Izquierdo when fit imho maybe competition but no more than that. However that video didn't show if he could defend at all.

Another no thanks from me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here