Page 31 of 57 FirstFirst ... 212829303132333441 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 567
  1. #301

    5 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sheebo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I saw you on the aftersun programme Harty

    What I want to know is how big a BHA fan is she and does she go to games?

    First game 19thNov 1994 (that long ago we were on speaking terms with Greg Stanley, met him outside), watched the Albion at Gillingham and Withdean. Came home from a night game in the early days at Withdean, aged about 7/8 and asked Mrs H at breakfast whatís a c*** Mummy?
    Obviously flying with BA since 2010 has its limitations but sheís used our 1901 seats several times a season since the stadium opened.

    Wanted to wear an Albion shirt in the Villa but the American Express logo breaks ITV regulations. ( The club kindly sent her one, but I will make sure she wears it at the West Ham game)

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #302

      3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lenny Rider View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Define and clarify a malicious campaign when you see 40 mins edited highlights of roughly 18 hours filming each day?

      Please read the statement from this morning on Amyís Instagram account, amyhartxo

      Iíve sent you my mobile via pm if you wish to discuss it further.

      Harty
      Defining what I think is a malicious campaign having seen Ď40 mins edited highlights of roughly 18 hours filming each dayí is exactly what I did isnít it?

      I canít comment on the remainder of the day I didnít see. Iím not sure anyone but the producers can?

      Why do I want your mobile?
    • #303

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ChickenBaltiPie View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Defining what I think is a malicious campaign having seen ‘40 mins edited highlights of roughly 18 hours filming each day’ is exactly what I did isn’t it?

      I can’t comment on the remainder of the day I didn’t see. I’m not sure anyone but the producers can?

      Why do I want your mobile?
      Her choice to audition and get on this show, so no debate there.

      My mobile enables you to actually speak to me and explain and clarify why you think my daughter is malicious, which in my opinion she isn’t, rather than you adopting the classic keyboard warrior stance.

      Just out of interest are you a parent?
    • #304
      Members The Clamp's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      West is BEST
      Posts
      9,990


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lenny Rider View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Her choice to audition and get on this show, so no debate there.

      My mobile enables you to actually speak to me and explain and clarify why you think my daughter is malicious, which in my opinion she isn’t, rather than you adopting the classic keyboard warrior stance.

      Just out of interest are you a parent?
      Problem with these progs is they deliberately edit them to get the most drama. You obviously know your daughter is not malicious but the average viewer just takes the edit at face value.

      As much as I don’t watch these programmes I’m sure most of the people on them, as most people you meet in life, are nice decent people with many sides to their personality.

      But as I say, the edit is done to fit a narrative and sensationalise situations. Can’t blame people for forming an opinion, it’s manipulation.
      I take the Mick but I’m sure your Amy is a good egg and good luck to her. It’ll hopefully be an experience she’ll look back on with fond memories and if not, it’ll be a great rite of passage.

      I’m friends with quite a well known person who was on a reality program, even shared a house with them for a while. They came across a bit of an eejit on telly but nicest person you could hope to meet in real life. C’est la vie!
      Last edited by The Clamp; 19-06-2019 at 17:50.
      Love Great Britain
      Love the EU
      Love Inclusion and Progression.
    • #305

      Love Island 2019 - official NSC thread


      5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lenny Rider View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Her choice to audition and get on this show, so no debate there.

      My mobile enables you to actually speak to me and explain and clarify why you think my daughter is malicious, which in my opinion she isnít, rather than you adopting the classic keyboard warrior stance.

      Just out of interest are you a parent?
      Oh haha, now I understand your passion

      You have opinion and hindsight I cannot possibly have so I will simply make my judgement upon what I see (as you well might about the other Ďcontestantsí you arenít so familiar with) and you cannot possibly expect me to do otherwise. Iím not omnipresent

      If it helps, I have no alternative/greater opinion of your daughter based on what Iíve seen thus far, positive or negative

      Iím not a parent, do I need to be to watch television and have an opinion on what Iím shown?

      I watch a public TV program and I express an opinion of what I see on a public internet forum, how does that make me a warrior? Programs of this nature are designed to encourage debate, and perception and opinion and conversation. You really need to be more accepting of that, even when my opinion is not the same as yours and couldnít possibly be, because Iím not your daughters father, you are. Donít be naive. You need far more patience and a much thicker skin.

      Iím confident you think she couldíve handled the situation better

      As well you may have handled the situation you now subsequently find yourself in better by representing your daughter and defended her character far more positively

      A colleague told me today they think your daughter is a bully. At least I was more diplomatic than that

      Iíve done my stint on reality TV myself and I donít expect a perfect stranger to judge me for anything other than what they saw of me on the box. It comes with the territory I am afraid and the day I stepped in front of the cameras I made my peace with that
    • #306
      Members sheebo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      19,839


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ChickenBaltiPie View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Oh haha, now I understand your passion

      You have opinion and hindsight I cannot possibly have so I will simply make my judgement upon what I see (as you well might about the other Ďcontestantsí you arenít so familiar with) and you cannot possibly expect me to do otherwise. Iím not omnipresent

      If it helps, I have no alternative/greater opinion of your daughter based on what Iíve seen thus far, positive or negative

      Iím not a parent, do I need to be to watch television and have an opinion on what Iím shown?

      I watch a public TV program and I express an opinion of what I see on a public internet forum, how does that make me a warrior? Programs of this nature are designed to encourage debate, and perception and opinion and conversation. You really need to be more accepting of that, even when my opinion is not the same as yours and couldnít possibly be, because Iím not your daughters father, you are. Donít be naive. You need far more patience and a much thicker skin.

      Iím confident you think she couldíve handled the situation better

      As well you may have handled the situation you now subsequently find yourself in better by representing your daughter and defended her character far more positively

      A colleague told me today they think your daughter is a bully. At least I was more diplomatic than that

      Iíve done my stint on reality TV myself and I donít expect a perfect stranger to judge me for anything other than what they saw of me on the box. It comes with the territory I am afraid and the day I stepped in front of the cameras I made my peace with that
      A) You make decent enough points but...
      B) I think Harty has let out some of his anger at nasty wankers making death threats on you and your post - not the right thing to do but can understand his stress at the same time
      C) Can see both sides of this - kiss and make up - youíve backed up your point elequently there tbf
      D) We can always handle situations better every day - all of us as we all know - and weíre all allowed an opinion.
      E) What reality TV show weíre you on?!
      Seeing kids in the school or in the parks with Albion shirts instead of the big clubs and easy ones, thatís it. We have done it.

      Inigo Calderon
      May 2016
    • #307
      Members Paris's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Location
      13th district
      Posts
      3,698


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lenny Rider View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Draw the line at death threats old son. Check the Sun on line.
      Regarding death threats, your daughter should surely be pulled from the show as it's that serious. What's more important?
    • #308
      Members sheebo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      19,839


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Paris View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Regarding death threats, your daughter should surely be pulled from the show as it's that serious. What's more important?
      There are some right sick twats online. A mate of mine who’s a dart player got death threats for losing a game due to betting ffs. Sick people but happens all the time. Some 13 year old with an iPhone can’t spoil someone taking part in a tv show - that would be letting them win. Let the plod deal with it.
      Seeing kids in the school or in the parks with Albion shirts instead of the big clubs and easy ones, thatís it. We have done it.

      Inigo Calderon
      May 2016
    • #309
      Members sheebo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      19,839


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Clamp View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Problem with these progs is they deliberately edit them to get the most drama. You obviously know your daughter is not malicious but the average viewer just takes the edit at face value.

      As much as I don’t watch these programmes I’m sure most of the people on them, as most people you meet in life, are nice decent people with many sides to their personality.

      But as I say, the edit is done to fit a narrative and sensationalise situations. Can’t blame people for forming an opinion, it’s manipulation.
      I take the Mick but I’m sure your Amy is a good egg and good luck to her. It’ll hopefully be an experience she’ll look back on with fond memories and if not, it’ll be a great rite of passage.

      I’m friends with quite a well known person who was on a reality program, even shared a house with them for a while. They came across a bit of an eejit on telly but nicest person you could hope to meet in real life. C’est la vie!
      Go on son - who are they...?
      Seeing kids in the school or in the parks with Albion shirts instead of the big clubs and easy ones, thatís it. We have done it.

      Inigo Calderon
      May 2016
    • #310
      Members Paris's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Location
      13th district
      Posts
      3,698


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sheebo View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      There are some right sick twats online. A mate of mine who’s a dart player got death threats for losing a game due to betting ffs. Sick people but happens all the time. Some 13 year old with an iPhone can’t spoil someone taking part in a tv show - that would be letting them win. Let the plod deal with it.
      Fair comment. It's a pity we live in a world where people act in such an insane manner. These reality tv shows are pretty similar in many respects. The audience perceive who they like, don't like or are indifferent about. As others have said on this thread, the people behind these shows hold all the cards. Let's call them King or Queen makers.

      The recent situation connected to the Jeremy Kyle show has brought certain negative conduct to our attention. Are the producers behind a show like Love Island really any different?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •