Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Love Island 2019 - official NSC thread

harriri2000

Apr 7, 2011
Hi guys I remember seeing a poster of one of the contestants in a Brighton strip, who was it. I've trying looking for it but can't find it. Thanks[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Dutch

Aug 16, 2012
Don't know what all the negativity is about tbh. Started watching the show last week. Pleasantly entertained. My brother knows Ian Hart and bought me up to date with affairs regarding Amy, Love Island etc. My daughter loves the show, which until recently I disapproved of but didn't feel it necessary or prudent to restrict her viewing (she's 12). I would often hear her laughing rather uncontrollably whilst watching the show. Anyway, curiosity got the better of me. I watched 10 minutes and now I'm bloody hooked. Every night at 9:30, my daughter and I settle down with a bowl of ice cream for our daily dose of Love Island. All the contestants have come across well, they are all playing the game and having fun doing so. Amy is great, her partner seems cool to. Even Fury is coming across as very un-Fury like, he's a proper specimen. The show is a really good watch, but not to be taken seriously.

What do we think Amy was referring to when she said "it's huge" whilst cuddled up in bed with Curtis? Snigger.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don't know what all the negativity is about tbh. Started watching the show last week. Pleasantly entertained. My brother knows Ian Hart and bought me up to date with affairs regarding Amy, Love Island etc. My daughter loves the show, which until recently I disapproved of but didn't feel it necessary or prudent to restrict her viewing (she's 12). I would often hear her laughing rather uncontrollably whilst watching the show. Anyway, curiosity got the better of me. I watched 10 minutes and now I'm bloody hooked. Every night at 9:30, my daughter and I settle down with a bowl of ice cream for our daily dose of Love Island. All the contestants have come across well, they are all playing the game and having fun doing so. Amy is great, her partner seems cool to. Even Fury is coming across as very un-Fury like, he's a proper specimen. The show is a really good watch, but not to be taken seriously.

What do we think Amy was referring to when she said "it's huge" whilst cuddled up in bed with Curtis? Snigger.

You’re right & I agree. I only watched it last year as Mrs like it and it was pleasantly good. Just got to be light hearted about it. It’s actually very educational from a human psychology perspective as well. And good for relationships - chatting about how to deal with situations etc - we love it. But it’s easy to criticise & I get that (nothing like TOWIE etc which are made up shit). However most who criticise have never watched it properly and also Wozza did say please don’t post on the thread if your intention is just to slag the show off. In fact why even open the thread if you don’t like it?! Seems odd that people do this.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Just to pick up on the editing aspect. What is becoming more apparent is just how evident this now is, used to be something few people were aware of. However, nowadays the secret is out on that front. Drama=ratings and the production team will be pushing certain storylines by cutting and editing the footage to create that narrative arc.
Back in the early days of Big Brother they had the live stream but ditched it because it prevented them from doing exactly this (i.e. create stories through misrepresentation).

A real eye opener was a drama called UnReal. It was a US drama about a reality TV show and looked at what went on behind the scenes. It's fictional but the techniques and strategies seem very close to reality (I suspect a lot of truths were behind these).

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I don’t know why I have looked in this thread. Before last year I had no interest but decided to watch an episode to see what the fuss was about. I got completely hooked! So this year I determined to resist, but oh the temptation.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I see the father is back in the Argus and the redtops whinging on again. Personally I’d be doing all I can to pretend it isn’t happening not running to the media every episode. Plus the fact nobody ever got sympathy by going to the papers and asking for sympathy.
Of course this wasn’t going to go well. Go on telly and try to cop off with a stranger for a share of 50 grand, what could go wrong :)

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I see the father is back in the Argus and the redtops whinging on again. Personally I’d be doing all I can to pretend it isn’t happening not running to the media every episode. Plus the fact nobody ever got sympathy by going to the papers and asking for sympathy.
Of course this wasn’t going to go well. Go on telly and try to cop off with a stranger for a share of 50 grand, what could go wrong :)

After not being allowed to w*ank the rubber Johnny that the rules say must be rolled on, could slip off or burst.
It hardly Mr & Mrs with Derek Beatty is it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not watching the show as 'reality' tv leaves me wanting to hurl, but this thread could become gold :rock:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here