Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euro finals

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I can see both of these struggling to get in the top 6 next season. Arsenal only have about 40 million to spend in the summer, and Chelsea can’t buy to replace their one world class player. What with Man Utd also in ‘transition’ the likes of Everton Wolves West Ham, and Leicester will all be in with a shout.

Chelsea with a probable transfer ban too.

But expect ManU to throw £100m’s on ‘names’ this summer. They’re desperate.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Apart from their two strikers Arsenal’s team is nowhere near champions league quality. If you compare their defence and midfield to teams like wolves and Everton they’re pretty equal. I’d actually say that if you compare their starting eleven today to wolves and Everton their defence and midfield is much weaker.

If you take out Laca and Aubameyang I wouldn't be surprised if they were fighting for relegation they have two good players the rest are either past their best or bang average and their defense is shocking.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Apart from their two strikers Arsenal’s team is nowhere near champions league quality. If you compare their defence and midfield to teams like wolves and Everton they’re pretty equal. I’d actually say that if you compare their starting eleven today to wolves and Everton their defence and midfield is much weaker.

Would’ve been a travesty for that Arsenal squad to win silverware and grab a CL place. Chelsea’s squad comprises far better players, Hazard, Kante, Christensen, Jorginho, Kovacic, the fullbacks, with Willian and Higuain on the bench.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
If you take out Laca and Aubameyang I wouldn't be surprised if they were fighting for relegation they have two good players the rest are either past their best or bang average and their defense is shocking.

Auba isn’t an elite striker, misses far to many chances.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Arsenal must consider themselves very lucky to be considered a top 6 club when they never get into the top 4. Anyone can beat Arsenal. We nearly did both times and we were absolutely shite.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Genuine question.
Is Mesut Özil playing.
I keep clicking onto youtube periodically but haven't heard his name.
On the link to abuse above, one of the Arse "fans" mentioned him as being on the pitch I think.

He really is a lazy disgrace of a footballer for his £300K a week. I honestly think Arsenal will not become a threat until they offload him to free up that chunk of the wage bill.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Arsenal must consider themselves very lucky to be considered a top 6 club when they never get into the top 4. Anyone can beat Arsenal. We nearly did both times and we were absolutely shite.

To be so close on points to ManU, Chelsea and Spuds was remarkable, given their iffy first team and squad. Humiliated a few times along the way, including tonight. It must’ve been their flat track bully, narrow wins, in two long runs that got them so close.

With the same squad, they’re only going to get worse.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean

I honestly think we should only be concerned about the top 4 these days when you think that our head to head record against Arsenal and Man U is equal in our 2 seasons in the Prem.

Vs Arsenal - won 1, lost 1 & 2 draws
Vs Man U - won 2 & lost 2

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
I honestly think we should only be concerned about the top 4 these days when you think that our head to head record against Arsenal and Man U is equal in our 2 seasons in the Prem.

Vs Arsenal - won 1, lost 1 & 2 draws
Vs Man U - won 2 & lost 2

That's pretty embarrassing for them....teams like Brighton !

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Watched the game in an Arsenal bar here on the Costa Blanca. It just confirmed my dislike for both clubs, but there you go.
Talking to Chelsea I said “You came third and won the Europa Cup. Seems like a decent season.” The general consensus was Yeah but the football was shit. They want Frank Lampard. I despair.
I was going to talk to Arsenal but they all left on 80 minutes!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Perfect result for Spurs: Arsenal miss out on Champions League, Hazard has a worldie and will surely now leave Chelsea for Spain.

As for Lampard, one season at Derby will not prepare him for the shitstorm that awaits. The only saving grace is Ole's still at the wheel at Man Utd.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
A comment on the Premier League in general, can I presume you are happy that so few English players are getting a chance at this level?

A few are playing in better teams such as both Champions League Finalists.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dunk to Arsenal becomes more likely after that result I imagine. Some serious defensive rebuilding required at Arsenal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dunk to Arsenal becomes more likely after that result I imagine. Some serious defensive rebuilding required at Arsenal.

Fingers crossed they assume they are too good to go shopping in the Premier League's equivalent of Aldi.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Watched the game in an Arsenal bar here on the Costa Blanca. It just confirmed my dislike for both clubs, but there you go.
Talking to Chelsea I said “You came third and won the Europa Cup. Seems like a decent season.” The general consensus was Yeah but the football was shit. They want Frank Lampard. I despair.
I was going to talk to Arsenal but they all left on 80 minutes!

All the Chelsea fans I know are the same, however I dont think Lampard with Morris would be a bad thing given they are going to have to rely on youth.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Should he move, he’ll just become another Arsenal player getting heavily slagged off on arsenal-mania by literally thousands of entitled Tarquin’s, and on ArsenalFanTV. A higher salary, but at a price.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here