Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A difficult season ahead

Seagull122

Mar 16, 2019
Next seasons premier league looks like one of the strongest yet, definitely the strongest we’ve been in. The teams getting promoted are no push overs, villa are a sleeping giant, and if given financial backing this summer will be very strong with players like grealish and mcginn. Sheffield United and Norwich are possibly on paper the weakest teams, but have a strong togetherness and good managers, whilst also having tidy players. The bottom half of the table teams also are all looking strong. Southamptons new manager has them playing again and is said to be given a lot of money this summer. Newcastle with a possible new takeover and an outstanding manager. Burnley are possibly the weakest remaining team, however, this is said about them every year and every year they surprise people. I believe if hughton had stayed then we would’ve sleep walked into relegation, how many of those teams would we realistically finish above with hughton in charge? Potter is a risk, but a risk which needed to be taken.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Next seasons premier league looks like one of the strongest yet, definitely the strongest we’ve been in. The teams getting promoted are no push overs, villa are a sleeping giant, and if given financial backing this summer will be very strong with players like grealish and mcginn. Sheffield United and Norwich are possibly on paper the weakest teams, but have a strong togetherness and good managers, whilst also having tidy players. The bottom half of the table teams also are all looking strong. Southamptons new manager has them playing again and is said to be given a lot of money this summer. Newcastle with a possible new takeover and an outstanding manager. Burnley are possibly the weakest remaining team, however, this is said about them every year and every year they surprise people. I believe if hughton had stayed then we would’ve sleep walked into relegation, how many of those teams would we realistically finish above with hughton in charge? Potter is a risk, but a risk which needed to be taken.

You sound like the Grim Reaper.

Someone has to come out with the same old rhetoric every season. This is a tough league every year.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Someone has to come out with the same old rhetoric every season. This is a tough league every year.

And it doesn't change whether we are in the championship either, same was said most years. I am not gonna have a go at the OP though, it's hard to be extremely positive after the last few months, however we have to try and enjoy the ride wherever it takes us.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The chances are we'll be fighting to stay up again

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

As already alluded to, I think this sentence has been written every pre-season for as long as I can remember.

Not saying I disagree with the sentiment of the post, only that it would be a bit weird if, given all the money flooding into the league, that it WASN'T the strongest yet and, hence, a 'difficult season ahead'.

I'll carry on the same mantra I've had for years: one game at a time :thumbsup:

SAC

May 21, 2014

Indeed. In hindsight, last season should actually have been a relatively easy one as the bottom two were so poor.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Indeed. In hindsight, last season should actually have been a relatively easy one as the bottom two were so poor.

It was easy, the bottom 3 were all a load of rubbish. We just made it hard on ourselves and tried REALLY hard to keep the relegation dogfight interesting. It was obvious that Huddersfield were a load of rubbish and Cardiff were always going to get relegated (although they gave it a good go, to be fair to them) - Fulham were the surprise. There are always surprises in the Premier League. It's impossible to try and guess who will be the dirge this season but the standard should be decent.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wow. Great insight. Certainly hasn’t been covered in loads of other threads or anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
“The league looks tougher this season.” - loads of people, Every. Single. Season.

And no, it doesn't look particularly stronger. As with every season, certain sides will underachieve that you won't expect, one or two will crash and burn, etc.

Last edited:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Maybe what we need is another thread with a poll asking where peoples' expectations are based on how tough it'll be (again).

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Sheffield united will struggle. Norwich will struggle. We will be fighting it out with Villa, Burnley, Southampton and a couple of others.

With hindsight a couple of teams will look doomed and next years league will be one of the toughest ever.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
And it doesn't change whether we are in the championship either, same was said most years. I am not gonna have a go at the OP though, it's hard to be extremely positive after the last few months, however we have to try and enjoy the ride wherever it takes us.

Look at the OPs 22 posts (as I often do) almost every one critical, I'm not convinced he/she's Palace, but I have got a burning torch on standby just in case.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here