Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan radio interview, on how he learnt of CH sacking.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The first bit:

Socceroos goalkeeper Mat Ryan, whose day job is the shot-stopper for English Premier League side Brighton Hove-Albion, has revealed the unusual circumstances by which he discovered that his side’s manager had been given the sack.

“I was actually in the barbershop and fan came in and was getting his haircut,” Ryan explains to Mark Levy and Mark ‘Piggy’ Riddell on Macquarie Sports Radio Breakfast.

“After he finished, he got up and much to his shock, and I can’t quite remember the noise he made, but he said oh my God, Chris Hughton has been sacked,

“That’s how I discovered the news, it came as a shock, he’s a great gentleman of the game, Chris, around the training ground and all that.”

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Love his tweet at the end of the season:

"Can’t thank you all enough for the continued support. You fans have always been the cornerstone of the club and we couldn’t have the success on the pitch without you all. Now time to switch off and recharge the batteries before we come back even bigger and better next season."

:lolol:

Joking aside, love him. What a legend.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The first bit:

Socceroos goalkeeper Mat Ryan, whose day job is the shot-stopper for English Premier League side Brighton Hove-Albion, has revealed the unusual circumstances by which he discovered that his side’s manager had been given the sack.

“I was actually in the barbershop and fan came in and was getting his haircut,” Ryan explains to Mark Levy and Mark ‘Piggy’ Riddell on Macquarie Sports Radio Breakfast.

“After he finished, he got up and much to his shock, and I can’t quite remember the noise he made, but he said oh my God, Chris Hughton has been sacked,

“That’s how I discovered the news, it came as a shock, he’s a great gentleman of the game, Chris, around the training ground and all that.”

Much as Solly said "I was in the park and got a Sky Sports alert"

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Love his tweet at the end of the season:

"Can’t thank you all enough for the continued support. You fans have always been the cornerstone of the club and we couldn’t have the success on the pitch without you all. Now time to switch off and recharge the batteries before we come back even Taller and better next season."

:lolol:

Joking aside, love him. What a legend.

Amended for you ����

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
For a club that prides itself on how it runs its business this is a monumental clusterjiggyjig. For the players to learn from the press that their direct line Manager has been fired is just plain wrong. It brings to mind the worst excesses of David Brent.

I don’t care how hard it is, you find a way to tell them in person; ideally face to face. If it really is impossible to do it face to face, you call them, or, worst case, text them.

Mickey Mouse poor.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
For a club that prides itself on how it runs its business this is a monumental clusterjiggyjig. For the players to learn from the press that their direct line Manager has been fired is just plain wrong. It brings to mind the worst excesses of David Brent.

I don’t care how hard it is, you find a way to tell them in person; ideally face to face. If it really is impossible to do it face to face, you call them, or, worst case, text them.

Mickey Mouse poor.

Wow you jump to some wild conclusions based on so little facts. Perhaps the club did text or try to contact the players. Maybe Ryan wasnt checking his texts every 10 seconds in the barbers, perhaps the Sky alert got to Solly before he checked his messages.

Why don’t you have another dig at the club? Don’t you think the club would have considered all the comms issues, taken advice and even asked CH how he wanted it to be communicated?
Maybe an insider snitched to Sky before the club could move.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here