Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Newcastle takeover?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Can somebody please tell me what the f**k he is bleating on about? Thank you in advance.

Possibly, a light hearted take on clubs with support in Brexit homelands or with right wing leanings (Chelsea thugs), who are allegedly patriotic about all things UK, yet happily accept international money to fast-track to buying trophies.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Possibly, a light hearted take on clubs with support in Brexit homelands or with right wing leanings (Chelsea thugs), who are allegedly patriotic about all things UK, yet happily accept international money to fast-track to buying trophies.

What does that have to do with football? I just find him a bit up himself.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

It's all about Nigel Farage becoming Palarse new manager.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
With this growing trend, it will squeeze the likes of Brighton, Burnley and Palace into an ever diminishing number of PL spots.

Not healthy for the game in England & Wales.

If this trend continues, we won't be battling it out for places in the PL, but a place in the Championship!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If this trend continues, we won't be battling it out for places in the PL, but a place in the Championship!

It will take time, but it’s heading this way.

In my football watching life, I’ve seen ManU, Chelsea, ManC, Leicester, West Ham in some of the lower 3 leagues.

With the escalating arms race on spending each summer, with clubs willing to pay £40m on key players and £6m in wages, even at Everton/Leicester/WestHam, it’s only going to get worse.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not every foreign owner guarantees success, not every Sheik is loaded so anyone who automatically thinks a foreign takeover means success look at Aston Villa , Birmingham, MASSIVE and the twats at Fratton Park amongst others

Absolutely! There is only one winner at the end of the season.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003

In my football watching life, I’ve seen ManU, Chelsea, ManC, Leicester, West Ham in some of the lower 3 leagues.

With the escalating arms race on spending each summer, with clubs willing to pay £40m on key players and £6m in wages, even at Everton/Leicester/WestHam, it’s only going to get worse.
Yes. It won't necessarily happen in the next 2 or 3 years, but we'll eventually have to accept that we either join the bandwagon, or settle for life in the lower echelons. People have their principles I appreciate, but that's likely to be the reality.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

The PL is like a massive magnet, which attracts all in sundry, whether they are rich and no interest in football and want to own a club because its fashionable, or because it's where all the beautiful people are!

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
They’ll not need a new manager or Stadium.

Just £500m worth of new squad I’d expect!

Considering he's worth $30 Billion I can't see that being an issue, and if he ever needs advice on spending it he can always ask his cousin about what worked with Man City...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The PL is like a massive magnet, which attracts all in sundry, whether they are rich and no interest in football and want to own a club because its fashionable, or because it's where all the beautiful people are!

Lookers like Vincent Tan, Steve Parish, Mike Ashley .... a beauty parade.

The flies are also attracted to PL cash inflows (Glazers) or exponential rises in the value of their investment (Ashley), although some murderous regimes (Mansour) are using it to Sportswash their awful image.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Will get the Geordies up to around 4/5th place and a cup. The rest of us just drop a place but I suspect TB has a cunning plan

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I know exactly what you mean. Hell, I was even missing Withdean on occasions last season. (around flaskgate and the bottle top ruling) The idea of the club falling into a billionaire’s hands, to be used as an egotistical plaything would be too much for me.
You missed Withdean because the Amex is keeping in line with every other modern Stadium?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Bad news for us I would say (inc Villa coming up) as this reduces the number of clubs who could go down. It’s going to be tough for us to stay up next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here